How can I have an extended stay in the Phillipines ?

robert49
Posted
Posted

I am coming to see a friend and want to stay longer than 30 or 59 days. How can I do this and how difficult or expensive is this process ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

On or before 30 days has passed you extend up to 59 days at any Bureau of Immigration office.  On or before the 59th day you go back to the BI office and ask for a 2 month extension.  Repeat as needed.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert49 said:

I am coming to see a friend and want to stay longer than 30 or 59 days. How can I do this and how difficult or expensive is this process ?

Glad to see someone new comming to the Philippines.

Please try to read topics as many questions have been answered before. 

Basics as which was already said you can extend your visa.  Up until about 3 years.

As a tourist you need an onward ticket to anywhere and not necessarily dated within 30 days  but please read the topics as not all airlines understand this. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

robert49
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help everyone. I have been many places but never the Phillipines.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert49 said:

Others posted some info.  It is actually simple, IF, you are close to an immigration office.  So the difficulty might be the travel to the BI office, if you are far from one.

You can extend past 59 days by 30 or 60 days at a time.  6 month extensions are available to some.

Costs vary by the extension time and which extension it is, e.g., 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.  The cheaper ones are around p3000 for 30 days.  Others can be as high as p8000 if you have to buy an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) card.

• Like 1