Steel P.E.F. Construction

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Don't think it would keep outside noise from getting in.

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I live in a very old house. Whenever the landlord sends someone over to replace an old piece of wood, they soak the ends of the wood in used motor oil first. Termites don't like it.:Happy:

Its a great way to keep insects away, but I am not sure I would feel comfortable having too much of that around my living area. Used motor oil have LOTS of toxins in it, thats why the termites stay away. But if it´s not good for the termites, I suppose it´s not good for us either  :89:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Its a great way to keep insects away, but I am not sure I would feel comfortable having too much of that around my living area. Used motor oil have LOTS of toxins in it, thats why the termites stay away. But if it´s not good for the termites, I suppose it´s not good for us either  :89:

They will also often mix malathion with the used oil.

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

Hi All, Any idea what this type of building costs? per square meter. What its like for heat insulation? I am thinking of building a 5X4m shed for a radio shack remote from the house.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Viking said:

I'm pretty sure that if you don't try to eat the wood that has been soaked in used motor oil, you shouldn't experience any ill effects. It's not airborne. :ohmy:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

They will also often mix malathion with the used oil.

Malathion is good for tick infestations. Had to use it once long ago in a house I rented. In about a week all the ticks were gone,and my dogs were happy.:huh:

Viking
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm pretty sure that if you don't try to eat the wood that has been soaked in used motor oil, you shouldn't experience any ill effects. It's not airborne. :ohmy:

There is many things in our environment that is harmful for us, even if we dont eat it :wink:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Viking said:

There is many things in our environment that is harmful for us, even if we dont eat it :wink:

Name one please!:ohmy:

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Friendly neighborhood formerly licensed commercial pesticide applicator at your service.

" Malathion is toxic if ingested, inhaled or contacted via skin exposure. "

Quoted from https://www.hunker.com/13415073/what-to-do-if-malathion-is-spilled-in-a-garage

Edited by Guy F.
  • Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Asbestos, radon and mold are a couple of other things that you don´t want in your house. That was 3 :tiphat: 

• Haha 1