Halloween In Subic Bay!

KC813
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great fun, and your princesses are absolutely precious!

Edited by KC813
  • Like 1

Zig-Zag
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This gives you an idea of the turnout in Binictican.  More than most U.S. neighborhoods!

Seems as if trick-or-treating is on a downward slide over here in the USA, and I don't really know why.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Zig-Zag said:

Seems as if trick-or-treating is on a downward slide over here in the USA, and I don't really know why.

Seems like everyone has safety concerns so they go to malls, etc.

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We were in Hong Kong for last year's Halloween, so this year was my 3 year olds first Trick or Treat.  We had visitors and their kids join us, and everyone had a great time!

The Binictican neighborhood is famous for their Trick or Treating, and we went there first.  Previous years, they had let busloads of kids into the restricted area, but they changed that this year.  It was supposed to be residents only and their guests.  You had to get free tickets and the SBMA office.  However, that didn't seem to have much impact as there were hundreds of kids out.

After Binictican we went back to our West Kalayaan neighborhood, where the Halloween houses are spaced out, so we drive to each one.  We found a lot and actually got more candy there than in Binictican.  In Binictican, they have to pay attention to rationing the candy because there are so many kids, but in Kalayaan where the turnout is small, they were pushing handfuls of candy at the kids!

This gives you an idea of the turnout in Binictican.  More than most U.S. neighborhoods!

20191031_170121 (2).jpg

Here is our group of Trick or Treaters!

20191031_165257 (2).jpg

In Binictican, there were quite a few houses giving out Bayan ice cream, our favorite!  This was Halloween first for me!

20191031_163644 (2).jpg

Leila was genuinely scared to pose next to these!

20191031_183832 (2).jpg  20191031_183853 (2).jpg

Katy is a good poser!

20191031_190144 (2).jpg

Elsa and Anna, before going out, and after with their loot!

20191031_151057 (2).jpg  20191031_191714 (2).jpg

One for me!  Nice Mustang!  This guy has several nice cars and motorcycles.  His garage has see-through walls made of a light blue tinted glass, and they have a big Halloween party every year.

20191031_165057 (2).jpg

The girls are so cute,, love it.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Zig-Zag said:

One reason could be that people in the US just don't trust the neighbors any more like it used to be when I was growing up. We didn't have to worry about perverted people putting razor blades or needles in the candy that we collected. It's a different world now unfortunately.:shake_80_anim_gif:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

One reason could be that people in the US just don't trust the neighbors any more like it used to be when I was growing up. We didn't have to worry about perverted people putting razor blades or needles in the candy that we collected. It's a different world now unfortunately.:shake_80_anim_gif:

That was the first thing I thought of when my kids got their first Trick or Treat ice cream last night.  I think it was mid to late 60's when those scares happened, and changed everything.  It became a rule that you never ate any food that was not packaged, so all the cool handmade stuff went away.  Our neighbor used to make popcorn balls that were really good.  Another made caramel apples that were great!  I think they both stopped during those ugly times.

Two years back, we never saw ice cream at trick or treat in Binictican.  This year, it was the rage!  Several places had ice cream carts with lines of kids.  There was so much that we just passed by after the first one.  My kids are professional mess makers with ice cream!  The house below had two ice cream carts, a cotton candy machine, a Taho guy and another table with something I didn't see!

20191031_170306 (2).jpg  20191031_170653 (2).jpg

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

In our neighborhood FB group, some old coot posted this:

=====

Tell me why I see 20+ year old women in capes, in line for free candy... No they were not caring for children.. Do they not have any respect for the home owner who is giving candy to the CHILDREN.... Sad that they do not....

=====

Which set off a whole bunch of funny replies:

"They were really looking for husbands"

"Where is this 20 Year old woman dressed in a cape? Do you have any photos ? Asking for a friend".

========

Etc., etc.!  The one comment that really got me laughing was this post of a Larry David episode!  Remember when "Trick" or "Treat" was a reality in the U.S.?

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I would have thought a couple of rounds through the door would more of a worry now days.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

I would have thought a couple of rounds through the door would more of a worry now days.

In Chicago, probably!  :shock_40_anim_gif: