Million Peso Baby!!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well done and congratulations to you both.

Needles in my testicles I shudder at the thought.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well done and congratulations to you both.

Needles in my testicles I shudder at the thought.

Nothing a few beers won't help with!  :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Congrats Paul!  A friend was in an almost identical situation with his Filipina wife.  He made the same decision as you, and they decided to take a chance on twins!  They now have two beautiful twin girls!  And they also were in the middle east with great doctors!

You are going to be a busy man in your retirement, like me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Nothing a few beers won't help with!  :hystery:

A Lager shandy some how wont kill the pain I am thinking.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

A Lager shandy some how wont kill the pain I am thinking.

You are confused!  The shandy is what the women drinks many of when she is trying to get pregnant before the man tells her he had a vasectomy!  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, PaulB said:

Has anyone else gone through the same thing?

Not personally but I know three couples in a similar situation.  A few years into the youngsters and none of the expats are unhappy about their decision, even though the first year of life for some of the babies was fraught with medical problems.  I am told that the medical expenses getting through that first year were higher than all the other costs.  Insurance helps.  It is commonly believed (proven?  I dunno) that a baby with an older father will have more medical problems.

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Hmm PaulB, almost the same age spread as my wife and i.  I had not contemplated as a younger man that I would ever be in this situation, but the swimmers don't seem to be doing their job.  Maybe that's common over 50, IDK.  We are starting to think about alternatives though, thanks for sharing this. 

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not personally but I know three couples in a similar situation.  A few years into the youngsters and none of the expats are unhappy about their decision, even though the first year of life for some of the babies was fraught with medical problems.  I am told that the medical expenses getting through that first year were higher than all the other costs.  Insurance helps.  It is commonly believed (proven?  I dunno) that a baby with an older father will have more medical problems.

I think that would be true with an older mother because her eggs are as old as she is and have had that many years to acquire mutations. Sperm is produced  a much shorter time before fertilization.

• Like 1