Water heaters

RobH
Posted
Posted

The cost was 49.300 PHP. Thats with all installation and ¾ pipe. They wanted to fit ½ inch, but I said it had to be ¾. It took the best part of a day to fit. Pleased with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RobH said:

The cost was 49.300 PHP. Thats with all installation and ¾ pipe. They wanted to fit ½ inch, but I said it had to be ¾. It took the best part of a day to fit. Pleased with it.

I have just had a pressurised water system installed in our current rental house as the water pressure was rubbish. The company that installed it used 1" PPR pipe but of course that is only up until it joins the existing house plumbing, which is half inch. Ground floor pressure is now excellent but the first floor bathroom and CR are better but not brilliant.

The company recommend 1" pipe throughout the house to get the best pressure and regularly fit it in both new build and renovated properties.

We are still at the design stage with our house so I think we will follow that advice and use 1".               We will dismantle our pressure system and take it to new house when it is completed. 

Still undecided about using water heaters or solar collectors for our water heating. I have heard several reports of solar collectors where parts have failed and unable to obtain spares. As we already have a couple of AEG electric shower units, and very happy with them, I might install both solar and the electric showers so we have a back-up should one or other become unservicable.

Ken

• Like 2

BC57
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I cannot vouch for what works, only for what doesn't...

Here in the apartment are Voda heaters for the showers. As far as I am concerned, they are complete rubbish. The water pressure is very consistent since it is boosted by a rooftop pump, but the water heating goes from virtually nothing to almost scalding. If the valve is turned on to a slow flow, the heater cycles often and does not really get the water hot. If the valve is set to full on, the water never gets hot even though the heater indicates it is heating. It just isn't up to the task, so maybe it is just too small a unit? If flow is set to about medium flow, the heater cycles from cold to hot...

When I have stayed in some hotels, the heaters seem to just stay hot and then I mix some cold to get the temperature just right - that's what I prefer. Then there is no guesswork or surprises while showering or washing up.

We have two Voda's in two bathrooms and so far so good. No problems at all. We only plug them in when we use them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BC57 said:

We have two Voda's in two bathrooms and so far so good. No problems at all. We only plug them in when we use them.

Interesting. Maybe the models in the apartment are just inferior or cheap versions? They have auxiliary water pumps inside to assist if low water pressure is an issue. I'm glad yours are working for you, BC!

There are a few things in the apartment where the owner definitely went cheap and I can't blame him since it is not his home and is just a revenue generator. I would do the same thing.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, davewe said:

The place I bought from provides free installation.

Which store is that Davewe?

• Hmm thinking 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Citi Hardware. Not sure if all brands of their water heaters have free installation but some do. They actually were quite helpful in designing a water system that would support what we were doing (tub and shower).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, davewe said:

Citi Hardware. Not sure if all brands of their water heaters have free installation but some do. They actually were quite helpful in designing a water system that would support what we were doing (tub and shower).

One of their technical guys put a water pump, compressor and water tank in our house from City Hardware, can't remember his name but he knew what he was doing.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Viking said:

What kind of money are we talking about to invest in a small solar heater system?

Maybe peso but we can convert it to any currency

:mocking: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

Definitely some good information here.  I was looking through Amazon and the heater there with 220v wiring are quite a bit higher wattage, anywhere from 6-24kw.  From some of the posts I read sounds like overkill.  Plus I'm not sure about the piping...better to wait and see.

So boots on the ground on this one as well.  Looks like I'll wait until I move there this next year and see what's available and probably go with some of the recommendations made here including checking and possibly amp up the water flow.  Since we'll most likely be buying a house close to Tagaytay, I would imagine I'll need a bit higher wattage since the water is a bit colder there.

Edited by Balisidar
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Definitely some good information here.  I was looking through Amazon and the heater there with 220v wiring are quite a bit higher wattage, anywhere from 6-24kw.  From some of the posts I read sounds like overkill.  Plus I'm not sure about the piping...better to wait and see.

So boots on the ground on this one as well.  Looks like I'll wait until I move there this next year and see what's available and probably go with some of the recommendations made here including checking and possibly amp up the water flow.  Since we'll most likely be buying a house close to Tagaytay, I would imagine I'll need a bit higher wattage since the water is a bit colder there.

Tagaytay .. over rated. It's not that much cooler than the low lands. Silang or Amadeo, or someplace like that are good. Bonus..no flooding during Typhoons. My GF forces me to drive to Tagaytay every year before xmas to buy the Buko pie that she says is the best.:whistling:

• Like 2