Water heaters

Mick
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Tagaytay .. over rated. It's not that much cooler than the low lands. Silang or Amadeo, or someplace like that are good. Bonus..no flooding during Typhoons. My GF forces me to drive to Tagaytay every year before xmas to buy the Buko pie that she says is the best.:whistling:

Haha..... Same with my wife. Best Buko pie in the Philippines according to her

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 11/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, Tommy T. said:

There are a few things in the apartment where the owner definitely went cheap and I can't blame him since it is not his home and is just a revenue generator. I would do the same thing.

I guess the owner isn't a believer in the old saying "Penny wise and pound foolish' then Tom?

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Tagaytay .. over rated. It's not that much cooler than the low lands. Silang or Amadeo, or someplace like that are good. Bonus..no flooding during Typhoons. My GF forces me to drive to Tagaytay every year before xmas to buy the Buko pie that she says is the best.:whistling:

Silang, Alfonso, Amadeo and Mendez are the areas we're going to be looking at.  Love the buko pie.😀

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess the owner isn't a believer in the old saying "Penny wise and pound foolish' then Tom?

Exactly, HK... L and I are on the same wavelength - you get what you pay for. That seems to be a bit unusual here? My observation is that everyone seems to want cheap cheap cheap...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

My observation is that everyone seems to want cheap cheap cheap...

Well Tom, if we only had the amount to spend as they do WE would want/ have to have Cheap, cheap. CHEAP  :whistling:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well Tom, if we only had the amount to spend as they do WE would want/ have to have Cheap, cheap. CHEAP  :whistling:

Understood totally, Jack. But even L - a Filipina - recognizes that you get what you pay for and will pay more for something that is better quality... Quite a lot of the stuff that is for sale here is rubbish quality, and she sees that. Not all here are so discerning... Not disputing you, just explaining my point...:smile:

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Not all here are so discerning... Not disputing you, just explaining my point...:smile:

As I told my and many others wives of Friends, take our money OUT of the equation and they are back to Cheap even when they are working :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
changed a word
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As I told my and many others wives of Friends, take our money OUT of the equation and they are back to Cheap even when they are working :smile:

Agreed, Jack. That is one of the many reasons I really love and like L...

Long before she ever met me, she already had the "western" attitude of you get what you pay for and acted on that. I realize she is in the minority, but she somehow figured out that paying more for something that will last would pay off in the long run. So, yes, she still looks for cheap - buys most clothes in second hand shops - yet she will pay for something that will last a while and not the rubbish that is often offered. However, I have had to educate her about what constitutes rubbish also - like the "too cheap" tools for sale that are Chinese knock-offs of quality tools. Using her own money, she sees and appreciates...

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

And... as usual... we have veered off course again from the OP's water heater question... sorry, yet again... Balisidar...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed, Jack. That is one of the many reasons I really love and like L...

Long before she ever met me, she already had the "western" attitude of you get what you pay for and acted on that. I realize she is in the minority, but she somehow figured out that paying more for something that will last would pay off in the long run. So, yes, she still looks for cheap - buys most clothes in second hand shops - yet she will pay for something that will last a while and not the rubbish that is often offered. However, I have had to educate her about what constitutes rubbish also - like the "too cheap" tools for sale that are Chinese knock-offs of quality tools. Using her own money, she sees and appreciates...

I think Jack has said pretty much what I think, Tom - it's not really about what they like, want or appreciate.  Reality is they really have no option other than to buy what they can afford.  I often have to bring myself back in line by remembering that the richer people of the world would consider my stuff as being "rubbish" too.  

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1