Water heaters

carbpow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Viking said:

Are you happy with your solar heater? How long does it keep the heat, can you get a hot shower in the morning? Have you had it a long time? It would be interesting to know if the performance will last for many years or if they break down and then will be impossible to find spare parts to?

A picture or link to your model would be appreciated 

So far happy with the heater, has a about a 150 liter tank, I think. It gets VERY hot, had to add a mixing valve in line to keep from getting scalded. After 3 days of no sun we run out of hot water. Replacement tubes are available. Have not had it a long time but so far so good. If I had to do it over again I would get another model with a lower profile. The vacuum tubes are much more efficient than the copper tubes I had on another system I had.

House Solar.jpg

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

As I think I mentioned previously, we have Stiebel Eltron - I believe they bough AEG (or at least the water heater division) not so long ago.  Certainly ACE carry them which is where we got ours last year.  10/10 so far compared to the Aerogaz unit we previously had.  They are supposed to be designed to work well in areas with fluctuating pressure.  

What model do you have, or can you post a photo of it? Stiebel Eltron was the name I forgot. I see them in some hardware stores here...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

What model do you have, or can you post a photo of it? Stiebel Eltron was the name I forgot. I see them in some hardware stores here...

We went for the DX35E  - it was around 6,200php a year or so ago from ACE.  They had 2 similarly priced models - the slightly more expensive one had a higher heating capacity  (3.5kw v 4.5kw)  but we didn't see it as necessary.  However, this is for the unit  - no bar or shower head. Of course, you can buy those easily enough and we already had from our previous unit so was actually a good economic way to buy for us - you'll need to buy them I assume.

• Thanks 1