Cooker, oven

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looking for a cooker come oven, where would be the best place to buy these , plus is it best to buy new or are there used appliances places around, I don’t want to spend much but Emma wants a oven but remember we are there for just 3 months this time.

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

All the appliance centres do a large range of stoves. I wouldn't trust second-hand. The thing to watch is that the lower end ovens are not thermostatically controlled and are worse than useless.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You can also find a large selection on Lazada.  You may consider one similar to this that was listed at 4000 peso.

Kyowa Kw-3325 Electric Oven 45L (Black)

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We bought one of these out of the small adds second-hand in the UK which we will use until we finish remodelling.

61wA4mk2BOL._SL1333_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

You can also find a large selection on Lazada.  You may consider one similar to this that was listed at 4000 peso.

Kyowa Kw-3325 Electric Oven 45L (Black)

I bought one like that from Lazada about 6 months ago. So far, it works great. Knock on wood....

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, TimL said:

I bought one like that from Lazada about 6 months ago. So far, it works great. Knock on wood....

Ours is going on getting close to three years and no problems although I did have to add my ground wire.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

plus is it best to buy new or are there used appliances places around...

Given that people here work things until they die, and then try to fob them on to someone else for the same price they originally paid (OK...I'm slightly exaggerating) I'd avoid buying used Steve.  Plenty of options at all price ranges here (no pun intended) so you won't have to spend too much if you don't want to.  

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

Looking for a cooker come oven, where would be the best place to buy these , plus is it best to buy new or are there used appliances places around, I don’t want to spend much but Emma wants a oven but remember we are there for just 3 months this time.

When I think of an oven, I imagine a big stove, like when I was a kid that my mom would cook a pot roast in. The stove ovens here are sketchy. But maybe experiment. :huh:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Ours is going on getting close to three years and no problems although I did have to add my ground wire.

Add your ground wire?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Add your ground wire?

The cord was two conductor, no ground.  We were getting a mild shock when touching the steel case.  I ran a ground wire from the case to a piece of rebar I drove into the ground.  Our oven is out in the dirty kitchen so it was not difficult. 

• Like 3