Dumaguete

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

As some of you know I'm pretty familiar with Dumaguete but it's been about 2 years since I've been there and I'll be back in late Jan - Yes I will be up for a beer or 6.  We've previously stayed in Essencia which is okay for purely hotel type, and Golden Gate which we like as their studios have pretty good cooking facilities.  Any other other suggestions or alternatives that you know about?  We'll be in and out of town a bit but we will be spending one 7 day stretch in Dumaguete.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Hi All,

As some of you know I'm pretty familiar with Dumaguete but it's been about 2 years since I've been there and I'll be back in late Jan - Yes I will be up for a beer or 6.  We've previously stayed in Essencia which is okay for purely hotel type, and Golden Gate which we like as their studios have pretty good cooking facilities.  Any other other suggestions or alternatives that you know about?  We'll be in and out of town a bit but we will be spending one 7 day stretch in Dumaguete.  

I always recommend the Bethel hotel on the boulevard. Bethel Hotel Dumaguete | Rooms That Fits Your Budget‎

• Like 3

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

I always recommend the Bethel hotel on the boulevard. Bethel Hotel Dumaguete | Rooms That Fits Your Budget‎

A potential problem with the Bethal Hotel is that it can suffer from late night noise particularly if you splash the cash and get a room with a sea view.  The Honeycomb Hotel and Bar next door has live music every night of the week, this can and often does go on past midnight.  Brett, knowing that you enjoy a beer or two and music it could be a good fit for you ( some very good music there) but if you and the missus might be looking for an early night then it may not be the place for you.  Horses for courses.  Let us know when you are here mate and me and the missus will join you for a few beers.    

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

A potential problem with the Bethal Hotel is that it can suffer from late night noise particularly if you splash the cash and get a room with a sea view.  The Honeycomb Hotel and Bar next door has live music every night of the week, this can and often does go on past midnight.  Brett, knowing that you enjoy a beer or two and music it could be a good fit for you ( some very good music there) but if you and the missus might be looking for an early night then it may not be the place for you.  Horses for courses.  Let us know when you are here mate and me and the missus will join you for a few beers.    

Thanks and will do mate.  Look forward to taking the piss out of team of yours and this year you'll have a bit of a come back given their relative positions on the ladder :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1