From Balikbayan Visa to 13A Visa?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Obviously each location will be different, but from memory I got my visa about 2 weeks after submitting all the requirements - this was in Hong Kong 5 years ago. Strangely, there was no interview - the staff simply confirmed all requirements were there and then i had to pay, show the receipt for payment to her and told to come back in 2 weeks to get the visa - they had to affix to my passport, they insisted on that.

Thanks hk. It looks like it might be possible then. The website says the 13A should be issued at the time of the interview, which is easier than returning 2 weeks later, which indeed might be after I have returned to the Philippines.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Thanks hk. It looks like it might be possible then. The website says the 13A should be issued at the time of the interview, which is easier than returning 2 weeks later, which indeed might be after I have returned to the Philippines.

The only downside of doing it in the Philippines is that you effectively do it twice at twice the expense.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The only downside of doing it in the Philippines is that you effectively do it twice at twice the expense.

Yes, that is what I am trying to avoid. It seems easier to do it in the UK rather than here.