What do you love about living in the Philippines?

boyee
Posted
Posted

On this forum I read a lot of guys complaining about many of the things that are irritating about living in the Philippines compared to their western home country.  I think this is normal to vent your frustrations however I must believe that because you are still living in this beautiful country there must be more wonderful things that keep you there.  I'd like to know what those things are.

I'll go first.  I am not a fan of super loud singing or blasting car horns but I absolutely love to wake up to a cock crowing, a few motorbikes speeding by and the sound of someone yelling Taho from the distance.  Don't get that back at home and it just reminds me of the Philippines.  

I love the food!  Filipino food most of all but all kinds of food seems to taste better in the Philippines.  I especially love street food.

I love to see kids playing in the streets with a smile on their face.  Kids with home made sidewalk games instead of peering into their phones.  

What do you love about the Philippines that you just don't have in your homeland?

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Despite the prevalence of ladyboys here

My GF and I love seeing them when we go for a drive every day. We know 2 of them and they are some of the funniest people I've ever met.:smile:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, GeoffH said:

And I know people complain about the heat, and sure it does get hot... but I grew up with freezing winters and I hated them then and I hate them now.  And now I'm older I can't handle being out in the freezing cold like I could when I was young, it triggers my angina half the time.  So I end up staying inside a lot when I'm in Australia.

Yeah... I forgot to mention climate. I would rather be here where it is maybe a bit too hot often, than in Toronto, Chicago or Seattle in winter when my nose hairs freeze!

i think I also forgot to mention that the overall pace of life here is slower (except for motorcycles and traffic when there are no blocking snarls). USA was just too fast paced for me...

And I hate malls. But the ones here are better than the ones in a number of other places I have lived...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 5