Keeping yourself busy in retirement

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Flying drones, was this hard at first ,then after time you got better, or just natural for you, my grandson had these helicopters that flew around the house, but I could not get use to the controls and just crashed everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Flying drones, was this hard at first ,then after time you got better, or just natural for you, my grandson had these helicopters that flew around the house, but I could not get use to the controls and just crashed everywhere.

The more sophisticated drones are very easy to fly. In fact they pretty much fly themselves, nothing like the little toy helicopters you can get, which are quite difficult. My drones are a DJI Phantom 2 with a Go-Pro Hero three-axis  gimballed camera and my latest one is a DJI Spark which you can control just by waving your arms. It has many auto features including facial recognition so will just respond to my commands. That one is really clever and can automatically follow me around like a puppy dog. Modern tech is truly amazing!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mike J said:

My wife decided that when we worked with youth that I would teach them art.  Painting and sketch were all new to me but I find that I enjoy it and love working the kids.  I also do some woodworking and enjoy doing yard work.

Very nice work, Mike!!! Keep on keeping on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

The more sophisticated drones are very easy to fly. In fact they pretty much fly themselves, nothing like the little toy helicopters you can get, which are quite difficult. My drones are a DJI Phantom 2 with a Go-Pro Hero three-axis  gimballed camera and my latest one is a DJI Spark which you can control just by waving your arms. It has many auto features including facial recognition so will just respond to my commands. That one is really clever and can automatically follow me around like a puppy dog. Modern tech is truly amazing!

Please, Ken, just don't fly those anywhere near me... I hate when I hear or see any near me... don't like the idea of being spied upon... I know you are not like that, but some people are...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I plan to shoot a time lapse video from the drone during our entire house build project from a height of about 20 metres showing the construction from start to finish in just a few minutes. I will post it here when construction is finished. Won't be for a year or so, unfortunately.

I look forward to seeing that, Ken. And I wish you best of luck - and skill - with your house build. These are exciting times for us oldies now, right???