Building supplies

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can anyone recommend a DIY store where you can buy everything , on my last visit there I had a walk around one of these stores near Marikina but I have tried to look for the name on the internet but alas I cannot seem to find it, so that’s why I am asking on here.

It will mainly just to look and compare tiles , bathroom fitments and as a man I want to look around a shop I enjoy looking around.

I know we will be shopping at the local shops too for items but if it’s all in one place that way you can see everything and compare the prices too. 

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are small Wilcons, and there are larger ones called Wilcon Home, which is more like a big home center we are familiar with.  Robinson has a similar kind of store called Robinson Builder. 

Now if we only had a shop like Advance Auto...

Edited by Marvin Boggs
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone been to a Builder's Warehouse?  The one in the picture is in Dau, Angeles City area, right across from the bus terminal.  I have not been inside yet but it looks big!  I think someone mentioned that it is the same name as an Australian chain?

Screenshot (22).png

Edit:  I guess there are only 2 stores so far

http://ourbuilderswarehouse.com.ph/#

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys , that’s the name and company I was looking for Wilcon, like I said on my last trip I was walking around there like a pig in sh-t , it was even better when I stopped to look at things the most beautiful young lady was asking if I needed any help, beats a burly ex builder over here in England asking me anytime.

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Went into the local DIY store here in England and looked at the tiles and they had them all on show and I must admit the tiles that look like wooden lengths do look very nice , even Emma liked those but after looking around at all the others it may be to much having the whole floor done in these , so may have them in the bedroom , still fancy the big 60x60 some sort of white/marble tile for the main house, just looking back on what we paid  for the ground floor of the house over there we paid 300 peso a square mtr , I wonder if it’s gone up since then.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

, still fancy the big 60x60

we got most of our non-construction material at wilco, sinks, stoves, toilets, tiles and the like.

The large tiles are all the rage now, one thing about them though is that with all the earthquakes and the method of tile laying here, when one cracks you have a big long crack. We went with 10 inch tiles. Makes the room look larger and cracks are limited.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Steve, stick to the 300 x300 or smaller, quakes and ground movement are your biggest enemy over there. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Can anyone recommend a DIY store where you can buy everything , on my last visit there I had a walk around one of these stores near Marikina but I have tried to look for the name on the internet but alas I cannot seem to find it, so that’s why I am asking on here.

It will mainly just to look and compare tiles , bathroom fitments and as a man I want to look around a shop I enjoy looking around.

I know we will be shopping at the local shops too for items but if it’s all in one place that way you can see everything and compare the prices too. 

On Marcus highway you have Wilcon which is near Marikina, massive tile selection

Wilcon Depot
1870 Marikina-Infanta Hwy, Antipolo, 1800 Rizal
(02) 8477 3718
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hh2wYWxKze1G1wTG7

Edited by Mick
  • Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Went into the local DIY store here in England and looked at the tiles and they had them all on show and I must admit the tiles that look like wooden lengths do look very nice , even Emma liked those but after looking around at all the others it may be to much having the whole floor done in these , so may have them in the bedroom , still fancy the big 60x60 some sort of white/marble tile for the main house, just looking back on what we paid  for the ground floor of the house over there we paid 300 peso a square mtr , I wonder if it’s gone up since then.

Again, Wilcon do a large selection of the 'wood effect' tiles. They do seem quite expensive though.

As others have mentioned, I would also go with smaller tiles where possible. We had some quakes here in Mindanao recently and four of the large floor tiles had hairline cracks. All the smaller tiles were unaffected, just some grouting cracked.

• Like 2