Building supplies

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, hk blues said:

On the topic of building supplies -

I wanted to buy some nuts and bolts today so went into Handyman.  The assistant helped me find the right size - i was shocked to see they wanted 45php per bolt - M4 size!  And, she put the icing on the cake when she said they had no stock of the nuts!  Totally grrrr'd at this - what a farce!

Got what i wanted in a small hardware store for 7php each - including nut and washers!  

I had the same experience at Handyman recently.  I just needed 4 washers and I think they were 30 pesos each or something like that!  I bought them because it was night time and I didn't want to go around just for 4 washers, but I won't bother with them next time.

I said to the sales boy "you have got to be kidding" and he said "Yes, you should by them at a local hardware"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, OnMyWay said:

Has anyone been to a Builder's Warehouse?  The one in the picture is in Dau, Angeles City area, right across from the bus terminal.  I have not been inside yet but it looks big!  I think someone mentioned that it is the same name as an Australian chain?

Screenshot (22).png

Edit:  I guess there are only 2 stores so far

http://ourbuilderswarehouse.com.ph/#

Same colors and design as "Bunnings" in Australia. No idea if related or just stole the look.

bunnings.jpg

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 11/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, hk blues said:

On the topic of building supplies -

I wanted to buy some nuts and bolts today so went into Handyman.  The assistant helped me find the right size - i was shocked to see they wanted 45php per bolt - M4 size!  And, she put the icing on the cake when she said they had no stock of the nuts!  Totally grrrr'd at this - what a farce!

Got what i wanted in a small hardware store for 7php each - including nut and washers!  

Just scrolling through some of my post about building supplies and across the road from us is the store Handyman, I shall go in see what I am looking for show Ems then buy it from somewhere cheaper hopefully.