Bathrooms

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Has anyone fitted or had it fitted to there walls in there bathroom shower panels instead of tiles , I have stayed in many hotels now where there is like a wet room with these panels fitted all around rather then tiles and I know you can fit them yourself too with just a little diy knowledge, but never fitted them or will they be available over in the Philippines too.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Could you link to the product please? Not exactly sure what you mean Steve.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have never seen them here.  I wonder if they would even work given the low water pressure in so many areas.  Also the water here is quite hard with a LOT of lime that could plug the water jets.  I need to remove and soak our rain style shower head and hand held unit in vinegar to clear the jets about every 4-5 weeks.  Our units look kind of like this.

Image result for rain shower head

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Mike... would installing a filter or multiple filters be effective to minimize or eliminate lime deposits? We have the same issue here but not as serious as yours sounds.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Mike... would installing a filter or multiple filters be effective to minimize or eliminate lime deposits? We have the same issue here but not as serious as yours sounds.

They do calcium filters in ACE hardware. But they are very expensive. The manual version is around 47k php and the automatic version about 57k php. But that also includes the brine tank and pump. There are smaller calcium filters, similar in size to the Sand and Carbon filters, but in my experience they are pretty useless. To effectively remove the calcium I have been advised the large one is the one that will do the job. 

Here in CDO we have very hard water. I may well have to invest in one as the limescale really badly affects everything it touches and is nigh on impossible to keep clean.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

They do calcium filters in ACE hardware. But they are very expensive. The manual version is around 47k php and the automatic version about 57k php. But that also includes the brine tank and pump. There are smaller calcium filters, similar in size to the Sand and Carbon filters, but in my experience they are pretty useless. To effectively remove the calcium I have been advised the large one is the one that will do the job. 

Here in CDO we have very hard water. I may well have to invest in one as the limescale really badly affects everything it touches and is nigh on impossible to keep clean.

Ken

At that cost it would be cheaper to BBbox a water softener, would the salt be available here though.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Yow! You are right about that being expensive. Plus I assume there would be maintenance and filter and chemical replacements too? I can clean or replace a lot of shower heads and other plumbing before I would pay for that, I think.

And we have the same situation here - always water stains on everything and the toilet looks nasty no matter what cleaners I have tried or how hard I scrub...

bob1965
Posted
Posted

I don’t think steve means the shower. Rather the plastic wall covers. In place of tiling the wall.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I am totally confused - Steve has posted a link to shower enclosure panels and the replies relate to shower heads! :89:

• Like 2