Bathrooms

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have never seen them here.  I wonder if they would even work given the low water pressure in so many areas.  Also the water here is quite hard with a LOT of lime that could plug the water jets.  I need to remove and soak our rain style shower head and hand held unit in vinegar to clear the jets about every 4-5 weeks.  Our units look kind of like this.

Image result for rain shower head

Steve's asking about shower panels.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

At that cost it would be cheaper to BBbox a water softener, would the salt be available here though.

I did look into that. The cost in the UK is around £500 for a softener. I know salt granules are available here but haven't found the tablets. The problem would be sourcing spare parts if and when needed. I figured it would probably be better to use the locally sourced ones. The local ones are considerably bigger than the UK domestic ones so I would think they might be more effective.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I am totally confused - Steve has posted a link to shower enclosure panels and the replies relate to shower heads! :89:

My mistake.  I thought Steve was referring to wall panels that had built in shower jets.   Sorry Steve. :sad:

Edited by Mike J
Spelling
  • Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Blimey, them's expensive Steve.

I think my whole (large) concrete CR was built for less than those.  :biggrin:

Tiling it out... fully, including labour, was only about p6000 .

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Tiling it out... fully, including labour, was only about p6000 .

Did that include the rubber ducky, Graham?:smile:

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys for all your replies , I loaded the link what I thought I was looking at , yes confusing , so it looks like tilling is the winner this time, then again with so many rolls of black bin liners that we have sent over they may work too.

• Haha 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

British friends, how are those panels affixed? Mastic?

Edited by JDDavao

graham59
Posted
Posted

Don't ask me.

I'm only a 'tile peasant' . :biggrin:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

British friends, how are those panels affixed? Mastic?

I have watch a few videos of how these are fixed to the walls, and yes a few dabs of mastic onto the walls and then wait, you can buy the kit with the top bottom and side fixings .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I did look into that. The cost in the UK is around £500 for a softener. I know salt granules are available here but haven't found the tablets. The problem would be sourcing spare parts if and when needed. I figured it would probably be better to use the locally sourced ones. The local ones are considerably bigger than the UK domestic ones so I would think they might be more effective.  

I have see then for under £400, my current softener ran for about 15 years before needing any maintenance.