Tender meat for BBQ

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Old55 said:

We have a Sous-vide. I don't use it much. Also it's a bit of a learning curve. It's great for fish. For a larger dinner party it's very helpful. Simply shear your steaks then put them in the Sous-vide they will be perfectly done.THey can be held at temp for a long time so you can cook them ahead of the party and ready to serve whenever you wish.  

Do you brown the steaks on the BBQ or in the oven?

Edited by OnMyWay

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Do you brown the steaks on the BBQ or in the oven?

Shear steaks stove top gas burner with a ribbed cast iron skillet med high heat for two + minutes then flip. I salt fairly heavy both sides along with some fresh ground pepper and a dash of cayenne. You want to get some crust.

We don't have a vacuum bag sealer thingie I just use freezer bags for the Sous-vide. A vacuum sealed bag would be best.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Barbecued a "corn fed USA" rib eye yesterday.  Bought it from a new place here in Moalboal that sells meat to the restaurants and resorts that cater to the foreign tourists.  By far the best beef that I have eaten in the six years that I have lived here.  Will definitely be going back to purchase some more.  Price was 1546 per kilo which I think is reasonable for high quality steaks.