Hello friends I need some advice on renting or buying a moto

robert49
Posted
Posted

HI, I am coming to Bacolod to spend time with my girlfriend/fiance, and I want to rent or buy an afordable moto to get around. Any advice on where to go and who to talk to ? I am willing to travel around a bit to find the right deal. Many thanks to all who are helping or just lurking like me !!!

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps if you were more specific than “a moto” you would get a better answer. 

robert49
Posted
Posted

let me say a motorbike or a scooter would be wonderful. A rental or something for sale on Negros Occidental. But if someone has a good offer I can travel to investigate. Again thanks for any help.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Robert I apologize if my reply seemed snarky hadn’t had my coffee ️ yet.

Scooter and bike rental is reasonable if you let your girl friend get prices because sometimes Foreigners get an inflated number.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

If you are thinking of buying, buy new.  Don't buy used...

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If this is a visit and not a move it would be better to rent than to buy.  You will have no trouble finding scooters for rent.  As Old55 mentioned in his post it could save you money if your girl lined up a rental before you arrived.  She should tell them "her cousin" is coming to visit family.  That may help keep the cost down. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, robert49 said:

HI, I am coming to Bacolod to spend time with my girlfriend/fiance, and I want to rent or buy an afordable moto to get around. Any advice on where to go and who to talk to ? I am willing to travel around a bit to find the right deal. Many thanks to all who are helping or just lurking like me !!!

Safer but not as much fun..rent a tricycle for the day at a fixed price. No worries about accidents and such. :16: 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Safer but not as much fun..rent a tricycle for the day at a fixed price. No worries about accidents and such. :16: 

Not much in the way of tricycles in Bacolod.

Wonder what the experience level of the OP is.....Should be first consideration.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/16/2019 at 3:14 AM, robert49 said:

let me say a motorbike or a scooter would be wonderful. A rental or something for sale on Negros Occidental. But if someone has a good offer I can travel to investigate. Again thanks for any help.

Search on Facebook, Bacolod scooter rental or substitute another city if needed.  Most Philippine car and scooter rental places use Facebook these days.

Howard
Posted
Posted

Whenever the wife and I are visiting family I usually rent/share a bike from one of them just for while we are there, and then only use the bike when we are going somewhere. I think I slipped the one cousin like a thousand and kept the gas full for him for the week last time. Maybe your girl has a family member that wants to make some cash?  

• Like 1