Are All Filipinas Insanely Jealous?

Jack D
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

I think she loves being reassured of my satisfaction with her and our exclusive, long term relationship. Since there are no guarantees to the length of anyone's relationships, health, wealth or life span.... it is not surprising that people crave reassurances to soothe their occasional bouts of doubt or anxiety, so better to quell their fears if and when they arise. 

I tend to think that my Filipina wife also craves reassurances whenever she has anxiety over my marriage to her. I always tell her that I'm completely and totally in love with her, and that no other woman could ever take her place. I have no problems with telling her these things since I am just being truthful to her.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

AM (Angry Midget), still can't get used to the fact that I have female friends, some since school, some from my military service, and some from traveling (PI included).  Some have been there for me through some pretty tough times, so they're as much my mates as any bloke could be.  She's met most that really count in my life, and knows they have no "evil" designs or any intention of stealing me away, hell why would they want when they know me so well?  But still there's always that undercurrent of jealousy whenever they're around or even mentioned.  

One of my best friends in the world, a woman, has been with the same woman for years and she and AM have actually become pretty close themselves.. Perhaps I'm the one that should be jealous?  :7481:

When the subject rears it's head, the entire "trust" conversation ensues and when I reflect her statements back at her always ends predictably :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

But despite that little quirk, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me and it's a small price to pay and is more than made up by "us", and everything we are as a couple..

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'd say yes, they are more jealous, or at least more openly so, than women from our countries.  I often think it's a result of observing the behaviour of many of us foreigners (Westerners) when around women here.  Also, for many of us here it's our 2nd or 3rd time around with marriage (myself included) so maybe that influences things too - based on the idea if he could leave his 1st wife and family then he could leave me too, perhaps?  

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yes sadly there are jealous women over there and sometimes we marry one, mine is a beauty, no worries even when she carries on a bit. Calmly I tell her, " there is only one like you love, but if you can find another let me know and I'll weigh the odds up on which one to keep." Thank the lord she's not over confident in English or know when I'm taking the micky out of her when she gets into one of her woman moods. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

BC57
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

OK, maybe not all, but I seem to have known a few Filipinas who were bizarrely jealous and suspicious of everything.  Number one among them is my wife, who is so jealous that she will not let me meet any of her Filipina friends for fear that we'll hook up.  Just curious if that is sort of a constant among Filipino women.

Yes on both, jealous and very suspicious. 

Viking
Posted
Posted

My wife is very jealous too but she dont go to extremes like some do.

I wonder if some of you guys have any female pinay friends that your wifes/gfs accept?

I have several, but it is hard to have a normal friendship with them because of the jealousy from my wife. 

What is your experience from things like this?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Mine is not jealous (or just does not like me? ha ha).  I could not have put up with a jealous woman.  I hear that many are, but I got a few friends married to locals, and theirs are not jealous either.  Keep looking. Takes a while, but you can find them. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Perhaps one reason for this jealousy might be because of the Filipino culture itself?

I read about and L tells me about any number of Filipino men who have strayed and cheated on their wives or girlfriends. It seems to be somewhat common here. Women are expected to be pure (although not all are) and boys will be boys...

I, personally don't have the issue. We love each other and no thoughts to stray.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

cheated on their wives or girlfriends.

a lot to what you say,,,,,there is even a clause in inheritance laws governing illegitimate kids :hystery:

• Haha 2