Christmas cake and mince pies

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I love mince pies and a Yule log and I like a slice or 2 of Christmas cake,so do they sell these over in the Philippines, or is it best for me to bring a few boxes of the pies .

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What’s Christmas cake Steve? Fruit cake?

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Old55 said:

What’s Christmas cake Steve? Fruit cake?

Yes it’s fruit cake with marzipan and icing all over and there might be a splash of sherry inside too.

But it must have a plastic Santa and reindeer on the top.:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If done right I love that stuff too Steve. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If done right I love that stuff too Steve. 

I don’t want to go without this Christmas cake and other bits and bobs being over there and having a sweet tooth it may be just as easy bringing my own.

My mum and Aunt use to make there own cakes a good few months before Christmas and I am sure many of the drivers could have gone home a little drunk after a slice or two.

• Haha 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

Bring your own, best not to chance not finding them.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We shipped Christmas pudding and tinned custard, the son is bringing mince pies when he arrives in December, didn't think about cake. I'll have to have a word.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

We have 2 branches of M&S here in Cagayan de Oro, one in SM mall uptown and the other in Limketkai mall downtown, so there must be other branches nationwide. They sell their own brand Christmas cake, christmas pudding and also mince pies. They get their stock in around the middle to end of November but once its gone, it's gone! Glad you reminded me, I will pop down there and see if the stock is in yet.

If you are not coming until later in the year, I would suggest to bring your own.

Also Rustans sells Waitrose products and the larger SM mall here has recently started to stock a large range of Tesco products, so may well stock Christmas items as well. Things are improving all the time here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

I love mince pies and a Yule log and I like a slice or 2 of Christmas cake,so do they sell these over in the Philippines, or is it best for me to bring a few boxes of the pies .

Yes, in Eastwoods Marks and Spencer's not far from Marikina 

Edited by Mick
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Before I google what is Christmas Pudding? :89:

In the misbehaved Colonies we call it Mincemeat pie I would think it's the same thing. Please lets not all go into detail exactly what the ingredients are?

• Like 3