Christmas cake and mince pies

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Before I google what is Christmas Pudding? :89:

Another name for plum pudding... a staple at our house served with warm custard, but it's also made with icing (which I don't like as much).

The thicker and richer the better.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So I googled Plum Pudding. Make one year in advance and I'll need several quarts of good alcohol. :7500: I'm going to give this a shot.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

One of the things I love about Christmas is not having to eat Christmas cake!  I do like a mince pie though - with custard.  

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

So I googled Plum Pudding. Make one year in advance and I'll need several quarts of good alcohol. :7500: I'm going to give this a shot.

About 1/4 cup for  the pudding and the rest for you? :thumbsup:

This is probably the most common Aussie recipe... from the Australian Womens Weekly magazine (which has been around for yonks), there are all sorts of variants but this is pretty much the standard type.

https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/classic-boiled-christmas-pudding-15447

• Love it 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

I love mince pies and a Yule log and I like a slice or 2 of Christmas cake,so do they sell these over in the Philippines, or is it best for me to bring a few boxes of the pies .

Depends where you are in the Philippines Steve, I wouldn't be overly hopeful of finding any of that in Dumaguete.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I will bring my own, a Yule log, 18 mince pies and a stollen Christmas cake or 2 and a tin of custard too, thanks boys for your imputes .

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I will bring my own, a Yule log, 18 mince pies and a stollen Christmas cake or 2 and a tin of custard too, thanks boys for your imputes .

You are very welcome Steve, but of course being the Philippines one can expect a gratuity for the help......... ONE box of Tesco's Finest Mince Pies!!  OMG, salivating now, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Eddie1 said:

You are very welcome Steve, but of course being the Philippines one can expect a gratuity for the help......... ONE box of Tesco's Finest Mince Pies!!  OMG, salivating now, hahaha.

You're on a diet mate, I will help you to eat them. You're welcome :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Sorry Eddie , Tesco is a swear word in my life “ ex wife sort of thing” will Aldi do  and not there finest either remember I have retired now so every penny counts.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Sorry Eddie , Tesco is a swear word in my life “ ex wife sort of thing” will Aldi do  and not there finest either remember I have retired now so every penny counts.

Typical northerner...kuripot!! 

:mocking:

• Haha 2