Electric Gates

RobH
Posted
Posted

That 35000 was just for the 3  stainless gates and fitting. The wife just told me, The  2 electric roller shutter garage doors and fitting the electric actuators to the original gates was 100,000 PHP

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RobH said:

That 35000 was just for the 3  stainless gates and fitting. The wife just told me, The  2 electric roller shutter garage doors and fitting the electric actuators to the original gates was 100,000 PHP

Ouch! For the electrics part, anyway.

The 35k for the stainless work and fitting seems reasonable to me...but what do I know?

Edited by Tommy T.

RobH
Posted
Posted

Here are the photos of the gates. I couldn't show the gates open the German shepherds were out (they terrify the locals) I also show the 2 roller shutter garage doors.

MGaQyl7ZS8adFZJ0MrjfaA.jpg

48tV0SwWR9iViD2eY09EeQ.jpg

P45NFHttSai1V9mjPbtRiw.jpg

5hP0RIS7TvytjQpelC48Aw.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I made my own from some some substantial galvanised chain-link that the brother-in-law had rescued from our local river after some flooding.

Hardwood frames.  I think, cost me about p1000, and do their job well.

Passing burglars also don't see my place as a target, so I can sleep peacefully....or go for trips without leaving armed guards and attack dogs.  :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the pics, Rob! This is very helpful. Those are very nice, business-like looking gates. Certainly very solid and an excellent fit. Your welder did a really nice job.

Is there a particular reason why you had the actuators mounted high vs. low on those gates?

And do they then lock when closed or is it the actuators that hold them closed? It looks like there is no actual locking mechanism.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I made my own from some some substantial galvanised chain-link that the brother-in-law had rescued from our local river after some flooding.

Hardwood frames.  I think, cost me about p1000, and do their job well.

Passing burglars also don't see my place as a target, so I can sleep peacefully....or go for trips without leaving armed guards and attack dogs.  :thumbsup:

There's a lot to be said for that, Graham. Well taken.

And I forgot to add that I appreciate and respect your approach to gate creation.

Edited by Tommy T.

RobH
Posted
Posted

You can't open them when closed, well I couldn't, anyone who climbed over would be dog food, Its good exercise for them. Thats where they fitted them I had no preference, but thinking about it it would be difficult to unlock them if they were near the ground, in case of a power cut.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RobH said:

You can't open them when closed, well I couldn't, anyone who climbed over would be dog food, Its good exercise for them. Thats where they fitted them I had no preference, but thinking about it it would be difficult to unlock them if they were near the ground, in case of a power cut.

Okay, I understand - it all makes sense. So you just have to unlock them and then they will swing open by hand or do you have to crank them open with that key?

I will show your pics to L so we can discuss if or how to do this. The swinging gate looks fairly simple - much more so than the sliding gate. I like the stainless - not so sure about wanting to appear too flashy but I like the idea of stainless that will probably outlast me!

And a German Shepard is on the early to get list. A kid in a house not too far away got bitten by a dog from the house next door that got off his rope. The kid was nowhere near the neighbour when he was attacked. That incident, in itself, I am sure made local news in the area. Sad for the kid (who went to the hospital with a nasty leg bite and ended up getting rabies shots too, just in case), but maybe good for people to know there are mean dogs around and beware.

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

Once unlocked you open by hand. I think its a screw the key undoes it its recessed so it cant be opened without the key.

We Have 4 German shepherds, 2 are British I brought them with me, and 2 Philippine they are much smaller than the British. the males are much more aggressive than the females but all nice dogs. the females will bite but just not as nasty as the males. Filippinos just don't know how to look after dogs or how to get the best out of them, I am trying to teach the wife but it's an uphill struggle. I keep telling her that the stuff they want to steal is in the house which is where the dogs are now they sleep in the bedroom but she now accepts that, she will insist of putting the 2 puppies on chains it sends me mental. so they now sleep on the veranda at night. It's a lot of responsibility looking after the dogs, they have to be fed properly, no bloody rice. And thier inoculations its all expensive. I have had dogs ever since I was a kid and I do love them.  The locals here came to the gate when we moved in the old boy barked at them they all ran back across the road. They are literally terrified of them. Even the delivery people from Iba know about the dogs and always ask if they are inside. A proper size GSD is very expensive here 35 - 40,000 PHP,  Philippine version about 12,000

We have CCTV everywhere at her insistence  which to be fair is useful . To make sure the gardeners are not asleep under a tree. But she's not going to have a gun    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I kind of fancy this type, since it would not require mechanisms or tracks built into the ground.  Looks like it would work fine on just a concrete strip.  Not as pretty as a normal gate though.  

750-2.jpg

I think those are usually industrial and for a long span where a guard is present to open them.  The wheels on each section allow for a long span, but you need a nice smooth base for them to roll on, and they roll easily.  Several industrial buildings I pass by every morning have them at the entrance to their truck bays.

Edited by OnMyWay