Electric Gates

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Not applicable to the Philippines, but one problem that we get here is that the gates can jam during frost 

@RobH do the gates have proximity beams or safety switches to stop them crushing someone when they open ?

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

You are right that it is a bit ugly. I think, looking at it, that a person could easily climb over it

Looking at those gates....I think they could squeeze  through it!

If you are determined to keep people out, maybe an electric fence as well as "Electric Gates" :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

RobH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

do the gates have proximity beams or safety switches to stop them crushing someone when they open ?

Come on, This is the Philippines. What do you think?

• Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

I just had electric gates fitted in my house. Cost me Php 64,500. We have remotes to open them, sensors so they don't cut the dogs in half and can move 2.5 tonnes. My gate isn't that heavy. I also have the ability to open them via SMS so if a family member comes I can open from Abu Dhabi if I want. Not that I willl!!! LOL

Took 2 days to install.

Paul

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PaulB said:

I just had electric gates fitted in my house. Cost me Php 64,500. We have remotes to open them, sensors so they don't cut the dogs in half and can move 2.5 tonnes. My gate isn't that heavy. I also have the ability to open them via SMS so if a family member comes I can open from Abu Dhabi if I want. Not that I willl!!! LOL

Took 2 days to install.

Paul

Hi Paul. Would you be willing to share some details about that? Specifically the make and model of the opening system and where you purchased the system? Also, did the seller install the system or did you have to hire someone else for that?

The cost does not seem outrageous - pricey yes, but not unreasonable. I would be interested to see any photos you might share? I love the idea of being able to open them remotely via SMS. Oh. and how do you open them if there is a power failure?

I am very interested.

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2019 at 4:51 AM, Kuya John said:

Looking at those gates....I think they could squeeze  through it!

If you are determined to keep people out, maybe an electric fence as well as "Electric Gates" :tiphat:

With a couple of sentry posts thrown in for good measure?...:hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
On 11/24/2019 at 3:23 AM, Tommy T. said:

Hi Paul. Would you be willing to share some details about that? Specifically the make and model of the opening system and where you purchased the system? Also, did the seller install the system or did you have to hire someone else for that?

The cost does not seem outrageous - pricey yes, but not unreasonable. I would be interested to see any photos you might share? I love the idea of being able to open them remotely via SMS. Oh. and how do you open them if there is a power failure?

I am very interested.

Tommy

My wife and I are in Abu Dhabi but she will return 2nd Dec and I will get her to let me know the make and update you.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, PaulB said:

Tommy

My wife and I are in Abu Dhabi but she will return 2nd Dec and I will get her to let me know the make and update you.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I look forward to it. We have lots of time before the fence and gates will be constructed.