Fresh Milk!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

If you want the REAL thing, try Kerry Gold Irish butter. S&R started stocking it a few months ago here in CDO. It's wonderfully rich and creamy and has the loveliest flavour. I just love it on its own on toast! With a good old cup of English Breakfast tea! Hmmmm. Heavenly!

Unfortunately our local S&R only sells green tea. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Unfortunately our local S&R only sells green tea. 

Yes, S&R are pretty hopeless when it comes to tea. There are several places you can get English Breakfast tea. SM sells Twinings and recently Tesco's own brand tea. Rustans also stock it and a Waitrose branded EBT.  M&S (if you have one locally) sell their own brand tea as well.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes, S&R are pretty hopeless when it comes to tea. There are several places you can get English Breakfast tea. SM sells Twinings and recently Tesco's own brand tea. Rustans also stock it and a Waitrose branded EBT.  M&S (if you have one locally) sell their own brand tea as well.

After seeing the price of twinnings in Pure Gold I dare not look in M&S.

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Robinson's grocery store have Black tea (English tea). Look for Lipton's Yellow label and in the left hand bottom corner of the box it reads Black tea. Almost good as any English tea.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Robinson's grocery store have Black tea (English tea). Look for Lipton's Yellow label and in the left hand bottom corner of the box it reads Black tea. Almost good as any English tea.

I agree! Yellow Label is a good alternative if my favourite 'cuppa' is not available. I know taste is a very personal thing, but I do enjoy a cup of Tetleys, which I can get from Mikes Imported British Goods website. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I drink Lipton's Yellow Label - it's not as good as tea we would have back home but it's a good enough cuppa if you leave the teabag in long enough.  Actually, i leave the bag in as i drink but wouldn't do that in the UK.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, JDDavao said:

I hadn't thought about that. I never see the legs moving but maybe it's because we go by fast.

Usually the legs are tied. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I drink Lipton's Yellow Label - it's not as good as tea we would have back home but it's a good enough cuppa if you leave the teabag in long enough.  Actually, i leave the bag in as i drink but wouldn't do that in the UK.

I was looking at liptons yellow lable today in Save More, 315  peso for 100 tea bags. That's nearly £6 for 100 tea bags. And it's pretty piss pore tea at that.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I assume we are talking unpasteurized.