Turkeys

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

Are Turkeys readily available in grocery stores there?  If so how much are they?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Balisidar said:

readily available

S@R has them. Sorry don't remember the prise though

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

1700 pesos, we were looking at them yesterday. SIL has 30 live ones if you are anywhere near Bataan

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

They may or not be a commonly raised penned yard fowl where you live.  I have seen PI youtubers raising them. One of my adjoining neighbors has 3 young ones standing together all day under a 3' dia. cage hoop just outside my gate where I walk past them. They have my sympathy.

When asked, my wife told me that he is raising them to sell and on Sunday mornings at the big market, they are available dressed or live when the boondok sellers bring everything to town. 

My wife is not interested in eating them, or goat meat either, but we have friends who do. She said some Pinoy like to eat the turkey, but usually they are for special occasions.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

They may or not be a commonly raised penned yard fowl where you live.  I have seen PI youtubers raising them. One of my adjoining neighbors has 3 young ones standing together all day under a 3' dia. cage hoop just outside my gate where I walk past them. They have my sympathy.

When asked, my wife told me that he is raising them to sell and on Sunday mornings at the big market, they are available dressed or live when the boondok sellers bring everything to town. 

My wife is not interested in eating them, or goat meat either, but we have friends who do. She said some Pinoy like to eat the turkey, but usually they are for special occasions.

We have 3 hectares of land half covered with mature mango trees where all the livestock is kept. The wife has goats, ducks and both native and commercial pigs. The sister has commercial pigs and free range ducks and turkeys with the odd chicken thrown in for good measure.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

Landers have imported USA ones frozen , I think I paid around 3000 peso last year, but it was big, seen them again this year there, will buy next week again. 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I breed them, got about 30. I sell them at 350 a kilo same as the stores but mine are freshly killed/ Those in the store are frozen  and contain a lot of ice. 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Metro supermarket have frozen Turkeys. Not sure of price.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

The only turkey meat available at S&R that I have seen is the sliced turkey breast for sandwiches. :ohmy:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mick said:

Landers have imported USA ones frozen , I think I paid around 3000 peso last year, but it was big, seen them again this year there, will buy next week again. 

How do you cook it? And do the Filipinos like it?:huh:

• Like 1