Turkeys

graham59
Posted
Posted

If you'd only asked me 45 years ago, when I was a foreman on a turkey farm. :biggrin:

We had our own processing plant, feed mill, and 500,000 birds...reared from the eggs in our hatchery. :thumbsup:

Gobble gobble. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

How long can you keep a turkey in the freezer for.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

How long can you keep a turkey in the freezer for.

As long as a piece of string :whistling:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

The only turkey meat available at S&R that I have seen is the sliced turkey breast for sandwiches. :ohmy:

S&R San Fernando had frozen whole turkeys 3 days ago.

• Hmm thinking 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

How do you cook it? And do the Filipinos like it?:huh:

When I went back to the PI in 2017, I brought a turkey with me.  My wife's family had no oven so we took it to the nearest bakery and had them cook it for us.  Could also have deep fried it. 

My wife's family absolutely love turkey since I had made one for them when I was stationed at Clark AFB.  My sister-in-law looked at it and said " That's a huge chicken ". 😁😁😂

• Haha 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

How do you cook it? And do the Filipinos like it?:huh:

I'm the oven on low overnight, yes my Mrs likes it, it all gets eaton

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They have frozen turkeys at Royal Duty Free here is Subic.  I think they have them year round but I don't know the price or where they are from.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Balisidar said:

When I went back to the PI in 2017, I brought a turkey with me.  My wife's family had no oven so we took it to the nearest bakery and had them cook it for us.  Could also have deep fried it. 

My wife's family absolutely love turkey since I had made one for them when I was stationed at Clark AFB.  My sister-in-law looked at it and said " That's a huge chicken ". 😁😁😂

I did the deep fry turkey thing once before I moved here and still lived in San Diego. By the time I bought the deep pot, burner stand, temperature gauge, peanut oil, and the turkey, It must have cost P15k to deep fry that bird. :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I did the deep fry turkey thing once before I moved here and still lived in San Diego. By the time I bought the deep pot, burner stand, temperature gauge, peanut oil, and the turkey, It must have cost P15k to deep fry that bird. :SugarwareZ-034:

It could have been worse, you could have set your house on fire. :Caught:   

https://www.oregonlive.com/cooking/2015/11/12_greatest_deep-fried_turkey.html

15 greatest deep-fried turkey disasters

Deep-frying a turkey is dangerous. Many first-timers fil the fryer with too much oil, or attempt to fry a turkey that isn't entirely thawed. Both mistakes can cause serious fires. U.S. fire departments respond to more than 1,000 fires each year in which a deep-fryer is involved. Here are 15 of those deep-fried turkey disasters caught on video.

• Haha 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
On 11/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, Balisidar said:

Hi everyone,

Are Turkeys readily available in grocery stores there?  If so how much are they?

No go to Welsh Deli, see article on website.