Outdoor paint

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have quite a few hairline cracks on the outside walls , I am thinking these are from the cement plaster , the walls have all been painted once it was built and that’s around 4 years ago, yesterday the FiL was showing us the cracks through his camera phone but all I could see was a little colour discolouration.

I know I have asked about a so called leak in a flat roof and what to use to maybe fill or cover that , but what paint would you recommend to paint the walls and to cover these hairline cracks, here in England I would maybe use sandex or some sort of epoxy paint, is this something I could buy over in the Philippines.

Here is a picture of those cracks.

8E1E2582-CF02-458E-8145-3F55EC8E88D3.jpeg44059DA4-C490-4C4D-9565-00770EF19FDE.jpeg

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

We have quite a few hairline cracks on the outside walls , I am thinking these are from the cement plaster , the walls have all been painted once it was built and that’s around 4 years ago, yesterday the FiL was showing us the cracks through his camera phone but all I could see was a little colour discolouration.

I know I have asked about a so called leak in a flat roof and what to use to maybe fill or cover that , but what paint would you recommend to paint the walls and to cover these hairline cracks, here in England I would maybe use sandex or some sort of epoxy paint, is this something I could buy over in the Philippines.

Here is a picture of those cracks.

8E1E2582-CF02-458E-8145-3F55EC8E88D3.jpeg44059DA4-C490-4C4D-9565-00770EF19FDE.jpeg

Fill the cracks with wall putty> leave till its dry> sand the putty smooth> Paint the cracks with a sealer> Paint the walls  with an external paint. My preference would be Boysen Acrytex.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

Fill the cracks with wall putty> leave till its dry> sand the putty smooth> Paint the cracks with a sealer> Paint the walls  with an external paint. My preference would be Boysen Acrytex.

Elastomeric paint might be what you need. It's available here in the Phills but it's pretty pricey. Iv'e used it in the US and it worked exceptionally good. Even after it's dry it will hide and waterproof the smaller cracks while the house settles.:smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Elastomeric paint might be what you need. It's available here in the Phills but it's pretty pricey. Iv'e used it in the US and it worked exceptionally good. Even after it's dry it will hide and waterproof the smaller cracks while the house settles.:smile:

Yes that would do the job Too.  Pacific Paint (Boysen) Philippines, Inc., - Hi-Performance ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys that is just what I was looking for, 

• Like 1