Free heroin in Glasgow Scotland

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Makes perfect sense to me but it’s not really something new, since the UK has had free heroin programs for addicts from the 1920’s until they were pressured by the US (with its war on drugs) to switch to methadone. Methadone is not as effective as heroin, plus it has many undesirable side-effects. Many peeps in methadone programs (in the USA) sell their methadone on the street in order to buy heroin. Please don’t ask me how I know. :shades:

I’ve read that some cigarette addicts, as well as addicts to alcohol in the UK, are now demanding free cigarettes and alcohol from the government, since they believe that addicts of all things should have it provided to them for free by the government. Sounds rather silly, but what do you think?

In an unrelated situation, the USA has legalized hemp production in most states. Hemp is identical to marijuana, except for its lower level of THC. Since both plants are cannabis sativa and each one contains THC, police are having problems enforcing marijuana laws, since the existing test kits are unable to identify one from the other. Police dogs are also unable to detect the difference between hemp and marijuana.

Because of this, police are very reluctant to make marijuana arrests. So, in a bizarre twist of fate, the USA has unintentionally legalized marijuana in the states growing hemp that do not have legalized marijuana yet. :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack D said:

Since both plants are cannabis sativa and each one contains THC,

Small point and question, Jack D... Isn't most of the potent marijuana of the genus "cannabis indica?" Same basic plant, different but much more potent strain.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Small point and question, Jack D... Isn't most of the potent marijuana of the genus "cannabis indica?" Same basic plant, different but much more potent strain.

It all depends on which cannabinoid you want more of... THC or CBD?

Indica plants have a higher CBD:THC ratio. Sativa plants have a higher THC:CBD ratio.

https://thesourcenv.com/know-your-cannabis-eight-differences-between-indica-and-sativa/

Edited by Jack D
Grammar
  • Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I thought that the Dutch had managed to come up with a hybrid form of the cannabis plant , it's so strong that it's a class A drug here , its known locally as skunk

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack D said:

Makes perfect sense to me but it’s not really something new, since the UK has had free heroin programs for addicts from the 1920’s until they were pressured by the US (with its war on drugs) to switch to methadone. Methadone is not as effective as heroin, plus it has many undesirable side-effects. Many peeps in methadone programs (in the USA) sell their methadone on the street in order to buy heroin. Please don’t ask me how I know. :shades:

I’ve read that some cigarette addicts, as well as addicts to alcohol in the UK, are now demanding free cigarettes and alcohol from the government, since they believe that addicts of all things should have it provided to them for free by the government. Sounds rather silly, but what do you think?

In an unrelated situation, the USA has legalized hemp production in most states. Hemp is identical to marijuana, except for its lower level of THC. Since both plants are cannabis sativa and each one contains THC, police are having problems enforcing marijuana laws, since the existing test kits are unable to identify one from the other. Police dogs are also unable to detect the difference between hemp and marijuana.

Because of this, police are very reluctant to make marijuana arrests. So, in a bizarre twist of fate, the USA has unintentionally legalized marijuana in the states growing hemp that do not have legalized marijuana yet. :hystery:

I hope this experiment works , I think that if you can take the profits away then heroin will fade away 

During Ramadan the price of heroin increases , this is because  of the Pakistani importer, behind most of the Asian businesses in this country is profits from heroin 

• Like 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I hope this experiment works , I think that if you can take the profits away then heroin will fade away.

If the government stops the program, illegal heroin will never fade away. The desire for it is too great for most addicts to stay away from it.

If the legal stuff disappears, the addicts will be back on the street buying the high-priced junk from the dealers.

I would hope that with all of the problems with heroin in the USA, especially with overdose related deaths (from fentanyl-laced heroin) that the USA would have a similar program to the UK for heroin addicts.

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack D said:

I would hope that with all of the problems with heroin in the USA, especially with overdose related deaths (from fentanyl-laced heroin) that the USA would have a similar program to the UK for heroin addicts.

I think the US is much more likely to take the Duterte approach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Personally whether they make it legal or not there will still be a regular supply of ilegal heroine.  It never stopped black market cigarettes and it won't stop black market heroine.  Having had personal dealings with drug addicts on the ex wife's side of the family I'm very pro Duterte's model. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I only partake in that particular strain for medicinal purposes.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602: