Ok I give in , I need a car.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

The dealer quoted 31k for full comp including acts of god, would have been 26k without AOG. Does 31k sound ok for first years insurance?

We paid 30k for 12 months insurance from the Toyota dealer for the first year of insurance on our new Innova... so it's in the ball park at least.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

Well done the deed, bought a WildTrack. Knocked the dealer down 48k and included a years registration, it runs out in January and also included the dealer doing the change of name. The dealer quoted 31k for full comp including acts of god, would have been 26k without AOG. Does 31k sound ok for first years insurance?

Fully Comp over here is not the same as the UK. Just check the total third party liability, even though you are fully comp. Unlike the UK where if you total a  Ferrari, the insurance will pay, here it's different. Your insurance company will only pay around 400k, (just 200k maximum in my case as my car is only worth about 400k). Just don't hit anything expensive. You could be in for an expensive shock!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Fully Comp over here is not the same as the UK. Just check the total third party liability, even though you are fully comp. Unlike the UK where if you total a  Ferrari, the insurance will pay, here it's different. Your insurance company will only pay around 400k, (just 200k maximum in my case as my car is only worth about 400k). Just don't hit anything expensive. You could be in for an expensive shock!

How does it work over here regarding no claims bonus, do they have something  similar? 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

How does it work over here regarding no claims bonus, do they have something  similar? 

I don't know. This is the first year of our insurance. I am sure others will be along shortly to give the answer.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I don't know. This is the first year of our insurance. I am sure others will be along shortly to give the answer.

I got the impression tbat they do hsve a discount scheme of sorts

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Gary D said:

Well done the deed, bought a WildTrack. Knocked the dealer down 48k and included a years registration, it runs out in January and also included the dealer doing the change of name. The dealer quoted 31k for full comp including acts of god, would have been 26k without AOG. Does 31k sound ok for first years insurance?

The insurance is based on what the insurer says is the book value.  You can ask for a lower value if you want to reduce the premium.  I think acts of God is worth it here in the Philippines.

Here is what I paid when my Trailblazer was X years old.  I bought it 6 months old and former owners insurance covered me until it was one year old.

1 year old       31,364  Value 1,400,000

2 years old     26,028 Value 1,100,000

3 years old     23,348  Value ??

4 years old     19,591  Value 800,000

5 years old      18,094  Value 720,000

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Gary D said:

Gary, I might buy a pickup later when I get into renovations.  Can you share the details about the year, price and mileage?  PM me if you want to keep it private.

I have a feeling that I will beat it up so I would probably buy an older one.  I sure like the new Ford Raptor but I wouldn't want to get it dirty or scratched!!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Gary, I might buy a pickup later when I get into renovations.  Can you share the details about the year, price and mileage?  PM me if you want to keep it private.

I have a feeling that I will beat it up so I would probably buy an older one.  I sure like the new Ford Raptor but I wouldn't want to get it dirty or scratched!!

It's a 2015 two wheel drive 2.2 lt diesel 6 gear automatic Ranger Wildtrack. the mileage is a bit high, can't remember 70-80k. The sticker price was 878k but the wife beat him down to 830k and to include the 9.5k they wanted for doing the name change and 3.5k for the registration. So all up we are paying 818k for the truck and avoiding the hassle.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It's a 2015 two wheel drive 2.2 lt diesel 6 gear automatic Ranger Wildtrack. the mileage is a bit high, can't remember 70-80k. The sticker price was 878k but the wife beat him down to 830k and to include the 9.5k they wanted for doing the name change and 3.5k for the registration. So all up we are paying 818k for the truck and avoiding the hassle.

I know several guys who have had or have Wildtracks and they speak highly of them!  Solid choice!

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
On 11/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, Gary D said:

I'm in the market for a car and what has caught my fancy I can't afford new. What documents etc must I receive if buying used and how do I go about registration etc.

I have a draft deed of sale I can send u if you pm me.