Ok I give in , I need a car.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I bought my car (used) from a dealer round the corner here in Cebu City. Took about 3 days to clear the paperwork and the PNP check (we went together in the car I was buying, a second test drive if you like). That was about 5 years ago and it's still running ok (touch wood). Driving in the Philippines certainly adds spice to your life.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

We picked up our licences yesterday morning and the car in the afternoon.

Looks like a really nice car, Gary!

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gary D said:

MVIMG_20191130_085643.jpg

How many pesos was it Gary?  We'll be looking for a car ourselves after we move there next year.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Balisidar said:

How many pesos was it Gary?  We'll be looking for a car ourselves after we move there next year.

The windscreen price was 878k pesos for 2015, the wife bargained it down to around 818k pesos. We paid 830k to include registration due January and charge of ownership. The insurance we went with Standard who seem well recommended. The dealer quoted 31k but we went online and got it for 23k. A company called eComparemo, started at about 17k on upwards, Standard being one of the more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gary D said:

MVIMG_20191130_085643.jpg

Did you buy it at Ford Subic or just pick it up there?  Several years ago we inquired there about used cars and they said they don't sell them; only at the Ford Pampanga branch.  I guess that may have changed.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Did you buy it at Ford Subic or just pick it up there?  Several years ago we inquired there about used cars and they said they don't sell them; only at the Ford Pampanga branch.  I guess that may have changed.

No we got from the car lot on the end of SM Pampanga.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Gary D said:

No we got from the car lot on the end of SM Pampanga.

Ah, ok, I know that place.  Gozun?  Their cars look really good.  If I was in the market for a used car I would look there.  I think one of the brothers owns M Speed detailing which does ceramic coatings.  I inquired there about about getting the ceramic "wax" about a year ago, but never went.  Now we have a place here in Olongapo that does it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Gary D
Posted
Posted

Well spent the day faffing around, the truck is up for registration this month. We had paid in advance for the dealer to handle both the registration and change of ownership but it still needed some input from us. So off we went with a dealership employee sitting in the back. First stop the San Fernando police headquarters for a macro, basically a tracing of the chassis number and police clearance as the new owners, a photo of us standing in front of the truck with a big placard showing the police headquarters details. Then off to have the smoke test done for the registration, and yes they do do the emissions test without the engine running. :89: Hopefully now just a wait until the documents are ready to collect.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 11/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, RBM said:

You need to run a rego check, it's a free service, just text the plate number to.......Sorry forgot the number but somebody will know it.

Also be careful if first letter on plate is Y as means from my understanding it's registered in Mindanao and probably doggey  Also check OR, OCR  to see if there is encumbered written on them, if so run run run.

Y plates are usually region vii - Central Visaya...