Tourist with Philippines bank account?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Nope.... UK Gov. are happy to pay it into any bank account nominated by me, including BDO in the Phils. 

It was the BDO not wishing to accept MONEY that peed me off.  What does it matter wtf it comes from (unless it's millions... some chance)....especially from a 'Mr' with the same family name as the MRS , whose account it is ? Idiots. 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

Can you recall what international banking details (IBAN, etc) were correct for BDO....and were actually EFFECTIVE ? Any other tips, regarding bank transfer from UK to BDO ?

I tried to have my UK State Pension paid directly into my wife's BDO account last year.... and the bank sent it back ! 

Really I'd like to give it another go... but nervous at the prospect.   

The IBAN is a twelve digit number which is basically your BDO branch code and your bank account number combined. You will also need the BDO SWIFT code which is BNORPHMM.

As I understand it, the SWIFT code gets your transfer to BDO in Metro Manila and the IBAN code gets it to your personal account at your branch.

Your branch will confirm the details required for the transfer.

I would do a small transfer first just to see that it gets through to your account ok.

It is a very straightforward process and I have never had an issue in over 60 transfers. Invariably the credit arrives the next working day from my Nationwide account.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thanks Huggybearman.

I thought I'd given the Pension people the correct details (and it evidently did reach BDO...but perhaps not our branch ?)

We'll go into our branch and have a word then. 

Cheers. :thumbsup: