Small world Filipinos overseas your wife meets?

Jack D
Posted
Posted

This always happens with my wife too, who is constantly meeting other Filipinas in the States.

But is this really any different than Yanks recognizing other Yanks in the Phils?... or Kiwi's recognizing other Kiwi's in the Phils... or Aussies recognizing other Aussies, etc.?

Maybe it's just overhearing a word or two that identifies where we're from?... or maybe it's just that we have different mannerisms from each other?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Something similar happened yesterday.

As we are on holiday here in the Philippines and it’s been nearly ten years since Emma moved to the England and before that she has lived in Marikina but was born in Tarlac and moved from there when she was around 3 years old.

The taxi driver we had from the airport once they had started chatting was from Tarlac many years ago too, it’s a small world we live in.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
PatrickB
Posted
Posted

Landed back in Dubai and went to meet the missus by the car park. She jumped up and gave me a hug. "Oi Stop that" was shouted at us. Looked over at the parking attendant - her cousin, who she didn't know was in the UAE.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What a great story Patrick. Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

You could post a little bit about yourself in the New Member Introductions section.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, PatrickB said:

Landed back in Dubai and went to meet the missus by the car park. She jumped up and gave me a hug. "Oi Stop that" was shouted at us. Looked over at the parking attendant - her cousin, who she didn't know was in the UAE.

No surprise - everyone is a cousin here! 

Welcome to the Forum! 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

My wife started working at Kaiser hospital in San Diego back in 1992. She meet a filipina there and they became best friends. Her friends husband was a real peace of work. Always cheeting on her. Around 1995 he flew to the Philippines and got a woman pregnant. Of course she forgave him. 20 years later she found out that the woman and his kid was now in San Diego. Around the same time we were up  north of San Diego at a friend's place that we meet 10 years earlier. She was telling my wife that her sister and her child just arrived, and the story that some man got her sister pregnant and left her..... sure as shit it was them. Small world.

• Sad 2