Question about ACR/i-card - Cebu City

Crum1515
Posted
Posted

Good evening. Just a quick question, wasn’t able to find an answer searching the forum. 

I am currently staying in Cebu City, Monday will be my 59th day. I have already applied last week and got a 2 month extension to my visa to stay until February; while getting the extension last week I was charged for the processing of the i-card/ACR. 

When I asked the desk agent about the how/when about getting it or what I need to do he kept just repeating “59 days” and pointing at the BI office across from the one we were in. He wouldn’t engage and tell me what I needed to do/bring with me when I go there next week. 

I tried looking it up online but everything says it has to be done when I apply for the visa extension which happened last week. 

So I guess my questions are: what all will I need to bring with my when I go to get my ACR/I-card seeings how I’ve already paid the fee and the express fee? I’m assuming passport style photos, but not sure what else. Also, how long will it take to get the I-card?

appreciate your time and responses!

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are a Filipino by birth what aren't you getting your dual citizenship?

Bring your receipt showing you paid for the acr-i card.   No need to bring photos if they didn't take one when you applied for the card.  The photo that will be used is the electronic one from your passport.

My acr-i card took 2+ months before it was available to be picked up.  Your experience may vary.....

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Like 1

Crum1515
Posted
Posted

Ah looks like it auto set my nationality to Filipino, or I missed that setting. I’m a is citizen by birth, I’ll fix that!

thank you for the info, very helpful! I’ll go in and check next week to see what they say :)

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

FYI

My experiences confirms what Hobbit 112 stated. 

I came back in-country a short time ago.   My MNL travel agent, that I've been using for the past several years to do my visa processing remotely so I don't have to go to or deal with immigration directly,  told me that we no longer need to submit the photos now since they take it off  the passport.

I have a pile of old, outdated ACR-I cards that my agent obtained for me when due, and I don't believe I ever left any special application forms for them with her.  I do leave pre-signed visa ext. forms however for her to use. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

For what it's worth... Before I got my SRRV, I was doing the usual tourist visa dance. Except I used a travel agent that happens to be right next door to BI here in Davao. They did everything for visa renewals, extensions, ACR cards and at a modest fee. It was soooo worth it to not have to spend hours at BI. However, the last two times I needed to renew or get a new ACR card, I paid the fee and never received the card. I was told that BI was, "out of stock" of the cards. I believe the agent, because my first two cards took months to arrive - 2-4 months each time. The system (not surprisingly) is a bit flawed. So don't hold out your hopes that you will apply - even directly at BI - and expect your ACR card to arrive within a month or two, or maybe never... Just my experience...

• Like 1

Crum1515
Posted
Posted

That is a fair point.  The BI here in cebu doesn't even have passport visa "stamps".  they just give me a printed receipt and tell me not to lose it and that they don't have stamps anymore.  I will just head there on monday on a fact finding mission.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had to pay for my ACR card back in May, even though I did not want one, as im in and out quite a lot and happy with extending if need be, but they told me this is the new procedure. Anyhow I paid and forgot about it, got a call yesterday my ACR card is ready to pick up..... Only 7 months later.... 

Edited by Mick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mick said:

Anyhow I paid and forgot about it, got a call yesterday my ACR card is ready to pick up..... Only 7 months later.... 

I guess yours was fast tracked then!

• Haha 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I guess yours was fast tracked then!

Super fast tracked...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crum1515
Posted