Typhoon Kammuri

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Here in Bataan it's breezy with one or two spots of rain, can't decide what it wants to do. The builder and roofers have not turned up today  but unless things change suddenly not a bad day.

We have been spared from the worst.  You will probably see downpours and wind around 6 pm, if not before.

https://www.windy.com/14.843/120.476?13.307,120.489,8,m:d3TajvW

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Typhoon Tisoy is still giving us some rain here in Cavite. The winds weren't as bad as expected so we were fortunate. Brown out from about 9 am till about 3 pm. :ohmy: 

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2019 at 4:20 AM, stevewool said:

So what am I expecting as I have never seen or been in a typhoon before.

I get your drift I think. Can't remember the year..maybe 2006 or 8 The actual eye of the Typhoon passed over us. The wind changed direction after the eye passed. Loved it except for the fact that it took 4 days before we got electricity back.:clapping_80_anim_gif: 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Beautiful day here in iloilo after a rainy start -  the nicest day we've had for a few days.  Of course, no school for the kids!  

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The rain has set in now for the last hour, hour and a half here in Bataan, a good breeze but not damaging.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wind and Rain , but so refreshing that it felt warm compared to last weeks rain and wind in England, 

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Wind and Rain , but so refreshing that it felt warm compared to last weeks rain and wind in England, 

It's our first day without the aircon on.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our power is out.  We have reliable power here but it is reported that a power pole is down.  The wind is not that bad.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

Last night, when out power was out, the wind was blowing fairly hard with sporadic rain, and it was around 24 C.  I sat out on the front porch for a while and it was very nice!  Clean and cool air; very relaxing!

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Our power is out.  We have reliable power here but it is reported that a power pole is down.  The wind is not that bad.

Our power was out until about 8 AM.  On the main road up to our neighborhood, several trees fell, taking out 4 power poles.  That road was closed all night.  The crews did a good job to get the power back to us.  They are still working to replace the 4 old wood power poles with new concrete poles, but they did restore power.

I think the forest was overdue to have some trees fall.  We haven't had a strong wind since Glenda came through in 2014, so there were some weak trees ready to go.  The wind was not super strong.  Subic Enerzone actually has crews trim around the power lines quite often, but when a big tree falls, not much they can do.

• Like 3