China Mobile network tower

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello, 

Does anyone know about China Mobile offering cash upfront and a monthly rental fee to use land for mobile network towers? If so, any ideas how much there are paying? I've been quoted 1.5 million up front then 20k a month rental for a 500 square metre section. 

Anyone have any idea whether that's high or low or what?

Cheers

Edited by DirkSquirrel
added area needed for tower
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is the lease fixed or renewable for inflation over how many years?

My thinking is the land value now and over time.

What environmental affect would the tower have? Would you be living in near proximity? 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Would you be living in near proximity? 

He may be considering it just so he can get good cell service himself and getting paid for it is a bonus?:whistling:?

• Haha 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, DirkSquirrel said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know about China Mobile offering cash upfront and a monthly rental fee to use land for mobile network towers? If so, any ideas how much there are paying? I've been quoted 1.5 million up front then 20k a month rental for a 500 square metre section. 

Anyone have any idea whether that's high or low or what?

Cheers

Yes that's the range. There are a lot of factors in the rental price, coverage, population ect, they offer 15k to 25k monthly based on the above, try for the lowest rental period to allow inflation re-negotistion, they like to go with a 15 year period. But once it's built you have them, as the cost per cell site is high, also they will hand this network over in the future, so there will be renegotiation in the future, but the last thing they want is to relocate one. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

What environmental affect would the tower have? Would you be living in near proximity? 

There isn't enough RF energy from a cell tower to effect people living nearby with RF heating effect and the frequency is lower than that where RF causes ionization (like with X-Rays) so that's not a factor.  Honestly... you get more exposure using your mobile phone held against your ear.  Cell phone towers are well underneath most western country emission limits unless you're basically sitting on one.

But if you want to reduce your exposure even further then the easiest way is to use earphone/speaker microphone and keep your phone in your pocket.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

But if you want to reduce your exposure even further then the easiest way is to use earphone/speaker microphone and keep your phone in your pocket.

And then what about Tin Tin, Geoff? Will he receive too much radiation if the cell phone is in your pocket next to him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mick said:

Yes that's the range. There are a lot of factors in the rental price, coverage, population ect, they offer 15k to 25k monthly based on the above, try for the lowest rental period to allow inflation re-negotistion, they like to go with a 15 year period. But once it's built you have them, as the cost per cell site is high, also they will hand this network over in the future, so there will be renegotiation in the future, but the last thing they want is to relocate one. 

Thanks Mick. Very helpful answer. Thanks everyone else for replying too.

We were approached by a relative and will be meeting the rep from China Mobile next week, so will keep in mind the lease period. We have two lots fairly close to each other and there's enough room on either for it.

I'm wondering whether we could throw a couple of free unlimited data accounts into the deal, as me an my wife live abroad and the coverage in that area sucks right now.

Anyway, thanks again.

• Like 1

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

And then what about Tin Tin, Geoff? Will he receive too much radiation if the cell phone is in your pocket next to him?

Yeah, I've often wondered about that. I read a report in the early 2000s about studies on the safety of mobile phones. It found that two thirds of them were paid for by the mobile phone companies. 

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, DirkSquirrel said:

Thanks Mick. Very helpful answer. Thanks everyone else for replying too.

We were approached by a relative and will be meeting the rep from China Mobile next week, so will keep in mind the lease period. We have two lots fairly close to each other and there's enough room on either for it.

I'm wondering whether we could throw a couple of free unlimited data accounts into the deal, as me an my wife live abroad and the coverage in that area sucks right now.

Anyway, thanks again.

Also keep in kind they always have 3 locations mapped out. A,B, and C, you wont know which you are, so dont over play your hand, as they have 2 more locations to look at

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted

Yeah I expected that so don't want to push it.