Health Insurance for Expat Retiree in the Philippines

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Looks like it is but depends on a few things like being under 64 years of age.

https://www.1cover.com.au/already-abroad-travel-insurance/

Conditions in below link

https://www.1cover.com.au/assets/1Cover-AU-Standard-PDS_20200501.pdf/

I am rushing a little and did not check your links,  how ever their e mail to me stated clearly WE NO LONGER PROVIDE THIS SERVICE  perhaps their web site is not fully updated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, RBM said:

I am rushing a little and did not check your links,  how ever their e mail to me stated clearly WE NO LONGER PROVIDE THIS SERVICE  perhaps their web site is not fully updated.

I had replied to this post but when the system crashed it was lost.

Anyway this is what they said.

1Cover <info@1cover.com.au>
Tue, Jul 28, 1:53 PM (1 day ago)
to me

Hi Tom, 

We are currently not offering any sort of international policies until the travel bans are lifted however we are offering Already Overseas policies ONLY for customers with an active policy with us (1Cover) which has expired. 

KINDEST REGARDS
Hanna

cover.PNG

• 2 months later...
Sun Tzu
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I'm 26 years old and been staying in Asia for the very most part past 6 years. I've been using a cheap travel insurance so far, however for real emergency it might not work out too well for obvious reasons. I'm from Finland and therefore belong to a social security system back home which grants me a good healthcare if being able to go back home to receive it.. So all around considering age and situation I think I would be looking for a health insurance that covers acute things, operations, hospitalization etc. everywhere in the world. 

I would be grateful if someone could recommend me an insurance company that is reliable and competent with it's pricing for my needs.  

• 2 years later...
longway
Posted
Posted
On 11/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ice Patrol said:

That is good to know.I have a dental oppointment next Tuesday for a teeth cleaning.They informed me that the charge for it would be $ 310.00 USD... :ohmy:

FWIW. My last cleaning (in October 2022) and the filling of a cavity in Cebu City cost me $50 USD total all in. I realize your post is from 2019 and I hope you did not pay so much.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, longway said:

FWIW. My last cleaning (in October 2022) and the filling of a cavity in Cebu City cost me $50 USD total all in. I realize your post is from 2019 and I hope you did not pay so much.

Just for info - We just paid our dentist 1,200php for cleaning and check-up and same for an extraction.

Cheap for us "rich foreigners", less so for the average local I'd say.

• Like 2