Taxi , TAXI

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

After a long flight from the uk to here in Manila all I wanted to do is get to our place , out of the airport following signs for taxis then once you are outside the sign disappears, which way left or right, stay here I was told and off Ems goes right, comes back and says they are over the road , it’s hot, it’s humid, Steve’s knackered , heavy cases heavy bags around my neck so off we go across the roads , horn’s honking’ I am walking here I shouted under my breath’ , the taxi rank is there I can see it but what’s that circling around , Ems is that the queue, ‘ Yes ‘, Steve’s much more hotter now.

Then the worst happens every  taxi we asked to take us wanted to much money according to Ems , not sure why but Ems would not pay so they would not take us, they where white taxis , so back across the roads and yes the honking was happening again but I just carried on still hot and blaming Ems , onwards to where she first went out of the airport and yes there was another taxi rank these taxis where yellow and one chap was organising this , you went  in one way sat down and waiting moving up along the chain as the people in front got there taxi, well after what seemed a lifetime it came nearly to our turn , but what’s this someone’s pushing in, well I was just about to say something and apparently these was old folk so they don’t have to queue as long as others so they got what I thought was our taxi, anyway it came our turn and we had our bit of paper to give the driver and he was so happy about taking us to Marikina, it’s just so far it seems , but he took us and him and Emma was chatting away, we was stuck in traffic lots of times, but this driver was quickly then Lewis Hamilton, in and out of a gap twisting from lane to lane and he did do well.

Now hiring a car Steve , it’s got me thinking uurmmmmmmmm 

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 3

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I would be curious to know the price difference between the quoted price of the White Taxi and actual price of Yellow. :popcorn: P200?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

I would be curious to know the price difference between the quoted price of the White Taxi and actual price of Yellow. :popcorn: P200?

Based on my own, similar experiences I would bet the price difference is closer to P2000 pesos than P200 . .  at NAIA I mean

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

We usually head straight to the Grab rep. Or if heading out of town the airport shuttle bus.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The one thing I hate the most about malls here in Davao is the hassle trying to get a taxi at times.

Two days ago, we went to the mall, did some grocery shopping, and came out of the grocery to where the taxis usually are. There is a covered shell there and a cordoned lane dedicated to taxis in front of it.

There are no taxis in the lane. The lane, in fact, is blocked with an orange cone. It's only for certain taxi companies, which is dumb, but why is it blocked?

The red-shirted taxi man hops over to us. He pulls our cart to the end of the unused taxi lane. He's waving down taxis on the other side of the cordon. A guard is helping him and sort of directing traffic to move forward (It's a one-way lane. What other direction can they go?).

There is a shelter. There is a dedicated lane. There is a taxi man and a guard. That's damn near a system, Filipinos! Damn near! :angry:

• Haha 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I usually find the white taxi cheaper, i tell them use the meter, sometimes the driver will evan pay the skyway fare. I always look for the white taxi first and then if none avaiable i will use a yellow. Usaually the driver will ask how much I was quoted and then try to boost it up once underway in the yellow. white taxi for me

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fototek1 said:

The quotes from the white taxis was 2500 peso and the yellow cab was 1500, Yes it’s far but 1000 peso  difference someone’s taking someone for a ride, lucky it’s was not us.

Mick
Posted
Posted

I live near you stve, if you turn right out of the airport there are some other white taxis, and a board giving fixed prices, Its 740 peso to my area, and normally the driver lets you smoke for 100 peso tip

• Like 2