Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We usually head straight to the Grab rep. Or if heading out of town the airport shuttle bus.

My brother inlaw (no i am not married I still call the  so's brother my brother inlaw) always uses Grab. Seems to me be a very good system. I always tell myself I will get the app

 Have not yet, i do enjoy the white taxi tho, although I must admit I have gotten frustrated at times with certain drivers, more good experiences then bad tho. Like another poster said waiting in the taxi line at the mall can be very frustrating, try megamall Quezon City at 8pm aaaaarg. For 20 peso I can take the MRT to Quadelupe station and the one jeepney ride to the condo yet the so will insist standing inline for upto a hour for a taxi. Sometimes if you want to pay extra there will be guys,I have used them a time or two, when tired of waiting in line. Usaually twice the regular taxi offering rides for a flat rate.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canadamale said:

I usually find the white taxi cheaper

In Manila at NAIA??  Methinks you are talking about Cebu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In Manila at NAIA??  Methinks you are talking about Cebu.

Nope airport to my condo in Makati yellow flat rate usually 400 or 500 piso, white taxi meter 160 to 190 piso and then add 45 piso Skyway fare to both

Edited by canadamale
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

We usually head straight to the Grab rep. Or if heading out of town the airport shuttle bus.

We avoid the taxi mafia at NAIA. We always use Grab! We usually arrive at Terminal 3. Once we see our bags on the carousel in the arrivals hall we use the app to search for a Grab taxi. By the time we get outside of the terminal our Grab is just about arriving. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Doesn't work in terminal 1 though, there you have to use the Grab booth to order the taxi. Not sure about Terminal 2 either as we never use PAL on principle!

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't find a white taxi upstairs at the NAIA departures area,  (turn right in the Arrivals hall and take the lift opposite the moneychangers, to upstairs) that's just dropped off passengers (which is how I've done it for 3 decades) Grab is apparently the way to go now.  :thumbsup:   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, Huggybearman said:

We avoid the taxi mafia at NAIA. We always use Grab! We usually arrive at Terminal 3. Once we see our bags on the carousel in the arrivals hall we use the app to search for a Grab taxi. By the time we get outside of the terminal our Grab is just about arriving. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Doesn't work in terminal 1 though, there you have to use the Grab booth to order the taxi. Not sure about Terminal 2 either as we never use PAL on principle!

We had the same experience a year ago. Grab is the way to go. Just get a SIMM before you exit the terminal, get a load and enable data. Then use the Grab app on your phone. So easy. I will never use a taxi again in Manila if I can get a Grab.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, earthdome said:

We had the same experience a year ago. Grab is the way to go. Just get a SIMM before you exit the terminal, get a load and enable data. Then use the Grab app on your phone. So easy. I will never use a taxi again in Manila if I can get a Grab.

There's often a grab booth outside where the taxis pull up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

There's often a grab booth outside where the taxis pull up.

Thats true. But usually there is a big queue requesting Grab taxis from the Grab staff at the booth. The staff are just using the app the same as the rest of us. Avoid all that by hailing a Grab while you are collecting your bags in the arrival hall.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Thats true. But usually there is a big queue requesting Grab taxis from the Grab staff at the booth. The staff are just using the app the same as the rest of us. Avoid all that by hailing a Grab while you are collecting your bags in the arrival hall.

I have had that experience. Waited to get to the Grab booth that was jammed by people talk talk talking... They just could not figure out what they wanted. I used my Grab app from 3 meters away and had a car within five minutes... There were still some would-be customers (foreigners) talk talk talking and arguing with the Grab girl in the booth...

However, time of day makes all the difference. Prices go up and service goes way down at or near rush hours - 4-6 PM and sometimes later too.

L and I had one horrible experience last year when a Grab driver picked us up at 4 AM to take us to the airport from Makati to NAIA... He actually fell asleep while driving on the freeway! We had to talk loudly to him to get him to wake up and continue after he just stopped in place... We were so happy to get out safely at the airport...

But still, Grab is a much better deal with nicer drivers, nicer and cleaner cars and decent service and better prices - mostly, but not always...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I arrived last month I walked to the grab counter, was served immediately and a car arrived in 5 mins. Very courteous driver, clean car and only ₱270 into Makati, sorry Mate, but the taxi is becoming instinct. 
 

Found uber to be brilliant in the UK, better than grab, never had to wait longer than 7 mins and nice cars. 1/3 of the price of a taxi. 
 

Get with the program Stevie boy :bash:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...