Taxi , TAXI

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Way back in the original post the poster mentioned that he had to wait a tad longer in the queue/line as there were some senior. Im happy to be be granted the senior facility and it usually means I get the first second or third yellow  taxi arriving. One of the perks of being over 60 , tho the line " organiser" always checks my licence to verify my age.

I also found out theres a small separate hardly publicised line for seniors for the white taxis in terminal 2. Just have to ask the lady organiser and the next taxi is yours.

Otherwise I do as one other poster noted, go upstairs and catch a taxi thats just dropped off a passenger at departures. Security will always try to stop this periodically but its worked for many years as fastest way to catch a taxi.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

A problem we had at terminal 3 one time a few Christmas 's ago was that there just wasn't any taxis because the touts had them all pulling up in the carpark.

• 1 month later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, Gary D said:

We usually head straight to the Grab rep. Or if heading out of town the airport shuttle bus.

Whereabouts at terminal 3 is the Grab rep please?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2019 at 9:43 PM, canadamale said:

Nope airport to my condo in Makati yellow flat rate usually 400 or 500 piso, white taxi meter 160 to 190 piso and then add 45 piso Skyway fare to both

Where is the Yellow cab rank at terminal 3, if there is one please?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Whereabouts at terminal 3 is the Grab rep please?

On the strip between the road by the terminal doors and the car park access road. Can't miss it, it's bright green.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Where is the Yellow cab rank at terminal 3, if there is one please?

There's white cabs but they are right down the far end.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

There's white cabs but they are right down the far end.

Yes, I have used them before but there is always a big line up. I going to have to use my Australian Seniors Card, or my card that shows I am a returned serviceman with a disability and go to the front of the queue.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes, I have used them before but there is always a big line up. I going to have to use my Australian Seniors Card, or my card that shows I am a returned serviceman with a disability and go to the front of the queue.

Boooo!:tongue:

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Only citizens can rightfully avail of the senior lines. Us foreigners just have to tough it out with the rest.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Only citizens can rightfully avail of the senior lines. Us foreigners just have to tough it out with the rest.

Yes Gary, I did think that was the case which is why I haven't done that before, but here I go again, when I am standing in the long queue and my knees start to give me hell I walk ahead and find somewhere to sit down and wait to join the queue later as I watch for the person I was originally standing behind, I have had some looks thrown at me for doing this as if to say "how dare you".