Queueing

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not to sure if this is a world wide problem or just Asia .

Queueing its a British thing we like to stand in the queue and await our turn and if you are lucky you may start up a nice chat about the weather and other useful things, but these last few hours has been a little stressful.

Queueing to get on the plane, yes I know there are going to be loads of foreign folk on this plane but when they call out we are going to board numbers from and too please come forward, well I know that could be around 50 folk so why do hundreds stampede to the door.

Next is waiting at the carrousel for your luggage, please do not stand in front of this yellow line , the only thing not in front of the yellow line is the luggage trolly , every person is in front of that yellow line and god help you if you see your case coming along and you dare move there trolly or asked them to move.

I must change my outlook these coming days and be switched on to there  manyana  time or something like that.

I would like to have a talk to the person who said ‘ it’s fun in the Philippines’ , yes it could be but that’s after your first day or two after landing.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Take comfort in the fact that Filipinos are downright polite compared to the Chinese

I would if I lived in khina………...but I live in the Philippines and line cutters really piss me off here :SugarwareZ-037::hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The queue is just a suggestion.  If you do not like waiting then cut to the front of the line and pretend you are either a senior or a handicap or someone important.  Others will cut to the front of the line just because they can.

People who are willing to spend money heedlessly will be able to avoid some of the queues, like the taxis.  Those of us who are cheap just wait and grumble.  Similar to how we grumble when getting a spinning circle on my computer due to the poor Internet at times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well this all happened yesterday, after a sleep ,a shower and a biscuit for breakfast ( need to go shopping) I see things differently, but I have not ventured out the door yet.:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well this all happened yesterday, after a sleep ,a shower and a biscuit for breakfast ( need to go shopping) I see things differently, but I have not ventured out the door yet.:whistling:

The first few hours are the worst - things don't get better after that but you start to accept. Or go mad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, what you felt was normal. When we first arrive very tired and stressed out we have very little patience for any BS upon arrival.

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Take comfort in the fact that Filipinos are downright polite compared to the Chinese :shooter:

In Singapore, the queue is life. EVERYONE queues for EVERYTHING. The last time I was there, you could tell the foreign Chinese by how they treated the holy queue. Outside one of the malls there, my wife and I actually witnessed a young Chinese couple cut in front of an elderly woman to get her taxi. Everyone in line was aghast. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You need to practice the art of parallel queuing. It's me 1st in the Philippines.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Steve... Tanduay is very cheap here in Philippines... You might avail a bit of that with your morning coffee, your mid-day lunch, mid-afternoon tea, evening meal, nightcap... or maybe all of them... Just try to chill and enjoy...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2