42 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Who leaves there teabag in :shock_40_anim_gif:

I do, how else are you going to colour your guests water. :hystery:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

The reason the milk goes in first is so the hot tea doesn't crack you fine china.

And the reason they say ‘only common people put the milk in first’ is because expensive good quality china doesn’t crack when hot water is poured in without milk.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Now days with modern China you are correct but ,300 years ago things less forgiving

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Who leaves there teabag in :shock_40_anim_gif:

Folk who like strong tea!:muscle_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Folk who like strong tea!:muscle_80_anim_gif:

Only the person with the last cup gets the tea bag left in in our household.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, manofthecoldland said:

What types of teas do  like you prefer in your country ?

Just curious.  Back in the 70's and 80's before Americans discovered that tea other than orange-pekoe, green and black teas existed, I used to order out of Murchie's in Vancouver after I discovered a half pound package from there that had found its way to a seldom used cabin in Noatak Village that I spent the night in one winter.  Life was very good when I'd get several half pounds of different teas and their hot cocoa shipped North to me and my family.  It was 'exotic' stuff.  

What's your mug?

The only one I find acceptable so far is Earl grey Liptons....not cheap how ever worth it.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, RBM said:

The only one I find acceptable so far is Earl grey Liptons....not cheap how ever worth it.

In Landers, they have Tetley tea,.... And yorkshire tea..... 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
  • Saw some Twinings breakfast tea in a supermarket yesterday. It was tbe best part of 300 pesos for 25 teabags.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• 1 year later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2019 at 5:07 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

You do know that your mother would rap your knuckles if you didn't put the milk in the cup first.  Otherwise the tea stains her nice china.

And now, for the defintive answer, we turn to QI who have investigated the report from the British Standards Institution on the correct way to make tea.  In short, milk should go in first.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2019 at 2:46 PM, Gary D said:
  • Saw some Twinings breakfast tea in a supermarket yesterday. It was tbe best part of 300 pesos for 25 teabags.:shock_40_anim_gif:

Wow...mucho expensive!

We use the Lipton's yellow label tea bags. Over the years I've come to kinda like it although it's no match for the better UK brands which are too expensive here if you can get them.

Trick with the Lipton ones is to make sure you get the 'International' ones - our SM periodically only has the standard which are weaker. I get 2 cups out of 1 bag (keep the bag in too!) with the International one but only 1 with the other.

Serious stuff tea to us Brits, I can honestly say that I can pretty much drink any beer I'm given but for tea I like what I like.

And it's milk first!

• Like 1