Money exchange

hk blues
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Trust me. They will still charge you overseas fees. Banks will get their money one way or another.

Agreed.

I used Metrobank and it's pretty much impossible to clarify what charges they levy for international transfers - I ask and they say they don't have the breakdown but they will ask Head Office.  4+ years later I'm still waiting for such a breakdown.  

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Trust me. They will still charge you overseas fees. Banks will get their money one way or another.

No, sterling from my UK account to my Philippines sterling account no fee.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

No, sterling from my UK account to my Philippines sterling account no fee.

And how do you get the sterling out?  Do you pay whatever exchange rate that bank charges?  Is there exchange rate for withdrawing your money as good as the rate you can get at local currency exchanges?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And how do you get the sterling out?  Do you pay whatever exchange rate that bank charges?  Is there exchange rate for withdrawing your money as good as the rate you can get at local currency exchanges?

Just got a debit card, yes just get the visa exchange rate. Not the top rate but usually a honest rate. Treated as a local card so same fees as everyone else. If I move money to our PNB account I get the bank exchange rate again a reasonable rate, no fees. The only time I would be hit would be if I sent sterling back to the UK then it would be treated as a remittance.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Today the peso dollar is 52.18. 

I've noticed prices in the grocery store are going up or packaged quantity is smaller. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Today the peso dollar is 52.18. 

I've noticed prices in the grocery store are going up or packaged quantity is smaller. 

yep...and in the USA I read they're reducing the number of chicken nougats in a meal from 10 to 8 in order to keep prices the same.  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Some sources are saying that cooking oil is going to go up in price over the next few weeks, evidently the Ukraine and Russia are both large suppliers of this (never knew that).

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Some sources are saying that cooking oil is going to go up in price over the next few weeks, evidently the Ukraine and Russia are both large suppliers of this (never knew that).

It's true. Sunflower oil is a huge product from Ukraine. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My brother in the USA was complaining about the "ridiculous" price of gas.  Makes me wonder if he will get rid of his;

Toyota sedan, GMC pickup, Corvette,  32 Ford hot rod with turbo, 32 Ford Victoria hot rod, Pickle boat with blower and a nitro tank.  I think that cover the bigger stuff.   He also say "No way in hell am I going to buy an EV" because senator Ocasio-Cortez  is driving a Tesla.  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2