Sign in to follow this  
stevewool

Money exchange

29 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Trust me. They will still charge you overseas fees. Banks will get their money one way or another.

Agreed.

I used Metrobank and it's pretty much impossible to clarify what charges they levy for international transfers - I ask and they say they don't have the breakdown but they will ask Head Office.  4+ years later I'm still waiting for such a breakdown.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Trust me. They will still charge you overseas fees. Banks will get their money one way or another.

No, sterling from my UK account to my Philippines sterling account no fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary D said:

No, sterling from my UK account to my Philippines sterling account no fee.

And how do you get the sterling out?  Do you pay whatever exchange rate that bank charges?  Is there exchange rate for withdrawing your money as good as the rate you can get at local currency exchanges?

9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And how do you get the sterling out?  Do you pay whatever exchange rate that bank charges?  Is there exchange rate for withdrawing your money as good as the rate you can get at local currency exchanges?

Just got a debit card, yes just get the visa exchange rate. Not the top rate but usually a honest rate. Treated as a local card so same fees as everyone else. If I move money to our PNB account I get the bank exchange rate again a reasonable rate, no fees. The only time I would be hit would be if I sent sterling back to the UK then it would be treated as a remittance.

• Thanks 1