Fresh eggs

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I love my tapsi that my GF cooks for me, but getting fresh eggs is a hit and miss proposition. Sometimes they are fresh..most times the yolk breaks right after you crack it. We have tried to make a deal with the people at the market to pay a little extra for genuine fresh eggs but to no avail. Any suggestions?:89:

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

Get some chickens.:tiphat:

That's exactly what I'm planning on Gary.  We get fresh eggs at the Palingke when we are on vacation but I'm always careful to cook them thoroughly.  Don't like to takes chances with salmonella.

Sometimes though you just have to have a nice runny yolk you can dip your bread into.

Edited by Balisidar
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Suggestions? Here ya go Kid. :cheersty:

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

We are fortunate to be able to buy genuine free range eggs here. As a test the GF poached one of these together with a supermarket egg.....difference chalk and cheese, also to taste...

Surprisingly the shell of the free range egg was considerably harder than the usual egg, also bright yellow yoke on the free range.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

A bit earlier this year SWMBO Papa wanted chickens so we went for a drive up the road towards Manolo Fortich because on the way we knew there were several places that sold chicken cages.  We got there and after much talking it was decided that the price of 600 peso (for a 4 box cage) was too expensive.  

So SWMBO Papa decides that he's going to build the cages... I forgot about it until I heard banging and sawing and then a couple of weeks later there is this large wooden frame in a formally unused part of the back yard.

When it was finished not only had he built chicken cages (8 boxes) but he'd used spare wood and put a shade frame over the top with poles which would be used for growing vines.

Total cost... 500 peso, not sure how much the chickens cost but it wasn't that expensive.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Love it 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Chickens going, cheap cheap cheap.

There will be no roosters going crow crow crow that's for sure :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid