Signs

stevewool
Posted
Posted

No that’s different, going down some road in Marikina in this trike I notice a sign , it was quite big and very close to a school/ College and there was all cones on the road.

The sign read No Smoking allowed in this area which is great I thought, but right under this writing was No Belching allowed in this area.

I have never seen a sign like that before. It’s more fun in the Philippines.

• Haha 4

softail
Posted
Posted

Well, you seemed to get a good laugh out of it as well as a few members here, maybe it is more fun in the Philippines 😜

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, softail said:

Well, you seemed to get a good laugh out of it as well as a few members here, maybe it is more fun in the Philippines 😜

Thinking about it more now, could it be a human belching or the jeepneys belching out all that crap black smoke, now that’s a thought.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Thinking about it more now, could it be a human belching or the jeepneys belching out all that crap black smoke, now that’s a thought.

Some of the stuff they eat around here I'm not sure which would be worse.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

My favorite was always the "Umihi bawal dito" signage that decorates most walls where ever I went.

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

My favorite was always the "Umihi bawal dito" signage that decorates most walls where ever I went.

They're usually covered with yellow stains :hystery:

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack D said:

They're usually covered with yellow stains :hystery:

Yeah,  Very strange. Seems like some laws. warnings and regs. here apparently encourage the very behaviors that they're meant  to discourage.  Life is always interesting here.... which is why some of us like it here. Seldom a dull, predictable day goes by like in iron law countries.  :SugarwareZ-047:

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Yeah,  Very strange. Seems like some laws. warnings and regs. here apparently encourage the very behaviors that they're meant  to discourage. 

Yeah, and I’m starting to lose count of them... slow down, no smoking, etc.  I guess that Filipinos either like to break rules or maybe they just lack any self-discipline. :89: