Your body clock

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just don't take any important decisions until your brain is 'straight' mate.  :wink:

• Haha 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

Although its too late for my technique, next time you could try:  Two hour naps, followed by two hours awake, in a repeating cycle on the flight to Asia.  Your body clock will get all confused, making it possible to sleep about 6 hours the first night here.  Its still a struggle for a few days, but at least you're not completely out of whack. 

Edited by Marvin Boggs
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow it’s stupid o clock and it’s dark and I feel wide awake, yet last night my body was telling me it’s tired, a few late nights and meal times thrown into the air plus does the Philippines ever slow down even at this hour in the early mornings, one thing for sure is I am waking up before the cockerels , any tips anyone .

Bar vodka worked for me when I first moved here. After that I got used to it and get a good night's sleep almost every night. Even if the stray dogs start barking I immediately go right back to sleep when they wake me up. I watch tv in bed till around 9 pm. Usually wake up around 5:30 or so when the housekeeper gets here. I do have to go take a piss 2 or 3 times a night. Sucks getting old!:wink: 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Guess im lucky , i get on the plane at Heathrow, ive been awake since 5 am and have gone to work ,

The plane leaves at 9pm ,after an hour ir so we get fed ,i avoid coffee 

I read a book and nod off ,the best ive done is 7.5 hours sleep 

I get to davao at midnight and adter some exercise with the gf i fall asleep and wake up with the day light

Maybe throw in a cat nap for a couple of days

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it’s another day and I have gotten use to being here now sort of, eating normal times again sort of, sleeping well it’s getting better I even managed to wake up when it was daylight  mind you I think I went to sleep not long before.

So yes it does take a little time for the body to adjust , now can any one help on this other matter  ‘ There Food’ just kidding.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a new topic to me Steve!  :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Sounds like a new topic to me Steve!  :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

Indeed