Are there large numbers of Chinese Visitors in the PI?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sunny Boracay practically runs on Chinese and Koreans now.  So much so the local government has clamped down on the use of signage in restaurants.  English and Filipino must be used as some restaurants were only using Chinese and Korean to keep others away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah yes.... all those thousands of Chinese folk busily working illegally for the online gambling businesses. 

I wonder what percentage 'corruption' is getting. :no: 

Edited to add:  

And oh yes O.P. you can be assured that the Phils won't be left out of the Chinese tourist stampede, so pick your home turf carefully if you do decide to decamp from LOS to the Phils. 

Edited by graham59
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Definitely a low level Chinese presence around here, large tracts of land. Seems to involve corporations and chinoy. One local partner.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How do they buy them if they can not own the land? 

They could go the 50 year lease route.  The prices for upscale houses and especially condos seem to have risen a lot all over the Philippines in the past few years.  Part of that increase may be due to buyers for land and house married to Filipinas, some of whom are Chinese.  I can't help but think a lot of the increase is due to speculation which leads to a bubble with subsequent crash.   This happened in the USA in 2008.  The article below is quite large with a lot of charts, graphs, and embedded links.  For that reason I am posting the URL only. 

https://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Philippines/Price-History

Gary D
Posted
Posted

To me it all seems like a foot in the door.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How do they buy them if they can not own the land? 

She told me the majority of Chinese and Koreans prefer to rent and pay high prices. That reduces the number of houses available and that jacks up the prise :thumbsup:

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Manila is inundated with Chinese, they even have signs in Immigration in Chinese. When I collected My ACR card in Jan, the Clerk Left the book on the counter, there were around 80-100 names in the book, of which 4 were western names. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

There are almost 1.5 billion Chinese nationals.  There's no question they're going to spill over into neighboring nations for vacation, especially now that they have disposable cash.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last year BI had something like 148,000 non Filipinos who did their annual reporting. Chinese were the largest nationality with about 56,000.

The largest number of holders of SRRV visa are Chniese too. They are everywhere now, sadly. I left China to get away from them but sadly sadly streets of Manila filled with them.

In Salcedo part of Makati , Filipinos are in a definite minority.

Edited by Freebie

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Looks like the Chinese are starting to take over the Phills. Drugs..Pogo's, 9 dash line in the Philippine sea. They are taking the Islands by virtue of ownership when they build something on them. When the Phills kicked out the US bases they felt proud..independent. If the US Bases were still in place, not much of this would be happening. Congratulations on your Independence Phills. Now it's time to pay.:28: 

• Like 2