Shaboo

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I was watching a series on netflix last night called ww2 in colour 

I was surprised to learn that the German army was on shabu when they attacked france in 1940

Methamphetamine was available over the counter in.germany 

It was given out to the soldiers in order to make them more aggressive and to help them stay alert for the first 3 days, it also removes some of your mental barriers for killing 

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Actually, each county on both sides of WWII used methamphetamines.

-snip-

During World War II, German pharmaceutical company Temmler marketed methamphetamine tablets as a nonprescription drug under the brand name Pervitin.

Methamphetamine triggers a response in the body that’s similar to adrenaline, heightening alertness and a willingness to take risks.

Japanese, U.S., British and German military personnel are reported to have used the stimulant to enhance endurance and ward off fatigue on long campaigns.

Kamikaze pilots received high doses of Pervitin before suicide flight missions. Japanese factory workers also used methamphetamine to work longer hours.

The German army ordered front-line soldiers and fighter pilots to take military-issued stimulants that contained a combination of methamphetamine and cocaine.

-snip-

https://www.history.com/topics/crime/history-of-meth

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack D said:

German army ordered

Anything for an advantage,,,or perceived advantage. 

Before going on patrol in Iraq, we would line up and gulp down 3 or 4 red bulls (which were given out free). Just made me jittery and had to pee a lot :chickendance:

• Haha 4

Jack D
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, scott h said:

Anything for an advantage,,,or perceived advantage. 

Before going on patrol in Iraq, we would line up and gulp down 3 or 4 red bulls (which were given out free). Just made me jittery and had to pee a lot :chickendance:

Just a perceived advantage, since it sounds much more like a serious disadvantage in a combat situation. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I have to pee a lot at night. But I'm not using shabu. Just old age!:chickendance:

Well the shaboo might stop stop you getting out in the night but probably not stop the peeing.:mocking:

• Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2019 at 7:20 AM, Jack D said:

During World War II, German pharmaceutical company Temmler marketed methamphetamine tablets as a nonprescription drug under the brand name Pervitin.

Aye. I watched a BBC show a while back where they recovered a tin from a German bomber that went down in the Channel, I think. It was found in the kit kept in the life raft.

• Like 1