Looking for a ladder

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Brought one today just like what you lot have brought.

First went to handyman to check the price 3900, then it was to a local DIY place 4200 onwards to another local DIY 4500, they all would reduce there's but could not match handyman price, so of back there and brought it and the best bit too was we got 30% off so it cost 3300.

It was fun bringing it back.

IMG_20191204_135837~2.jpg

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, stevewool said:

First went to handyman to check the price 3900, then it was to a local DIY place 4200 onwards to another local DIY 4500, they all would reduce there's but could not match handyman price, so of back there and brought it and the best bit too was we got 30% off so it cost 3300.

I have one the same (well, my neighbour does and I borrow his) - it's fine but I find it too bulky/cumbersome for inside work.  I have another stepladder that I use which is much lighter and better for inside jobs - downsize is that it doesn't quite reach the top of the stairwell.  As mentioned above, the rungs can be tricky as they are not round and are not comfortable.  Also, wear something when using as I was going local (barefoot) and my sweaty feet slipped from the rung!  

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, stevewool said:

We had ours across the laps of the two people in the back of the car, just fitted door to door. That'll teach her to bring the mother in law.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

the ladders are made of Bamboo where I live, not kidding. Got one lol

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Yep....but they weigh a ton!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Picture please.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Picture please.

what now? It's a tad dark but wait a while sir.

• Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

A scaffolding-like platform about 6 feet in height was made from coco lumber for my place. Very heavy but very useful and lasted a long time.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

A scaffolding-like platform about 6 feet in height was made from coco lumber for my place. Very heavy but very useful and lasted a long time.

We had a few of those made when our house was being built, yeah they last a several years until they finally turn to dust.