How many places to eat

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If there is one thing the Philippines is not short of its food outlets, where I am staying in Marikina there are so many branded outlets how do they all cope, like they are all not full all of the time

Yesterday I tried the food chain bonchon chicken, well I had the fish really and it was very nice, I have no idea where Ems will take me the next time and what to try too, had my first jollibee the other day and I have no idea what all the fuss is about about a jollibee, give me a Burger King anytime I say.

Today it’s home cooking at her dads , she will cook for us all plus the workers so I am sure there will be rice maybe noodles and some sort of chicken or fish on the menu plus lots of water 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

...had my first jollibee the other day and I have no idea what all the fuss is about about a jollibee, give me a Burger King anytime I say.

It's much cheaper than McDo's and Burger King...that's pretty much why it's so popular.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I love Bonchon and it is one place the whole family likes.  Love the chapchae too.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I love Bonchon and it is one place the whole family likes.  Love the chapchae too.

It’s a different taste , I will try the chicken and shrimp next time

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, stevewool said:

had my first jollibee the other day and I have no idea what all the fuss is about about a jollibee, give me a Burger King anytime I say.

I strongly agree with that comment, Steve - at least regarding their "burgers." McDo's and BurgerKing are much superior (even though I really don't like McDo's, they are better than Jollibee in my opinion). They make an almost reasonable Palabok (a sort of small noodle with pork, egg, shrimp and other things - not too bad).

However, their Chickenjoy chicken is pretty good. You can sometimes order just breast meat (depending on the outlet you visit), and can get the regular or spicy seasoning. For about P500, you can get an 8 piece bucket of chicken that I think is much tastier, moister, bigger and better than at KFC outlets here.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Whenever I've had chicken at Jollibee it has looked like fried up roadkill.